The goal - Respond to market demands
Cost pressures on labor-intensive business processes continue to mount. And as duplication and complexity through mergers and acquisitions continue, retail banks need a solution that works. It's not enough to cut costs. Today's competitive environment means banks must develop a cost-effective way to meet individual customer needs and purchasing behaviors with the most effective range of products and services. Also, they must find ways to attract and grow profitable wallet share from customers.
The advantage - Why IBM and Cisco?
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco combine IBM services, servers and software with Cisco expertise in network and communications technologies.
The benefits - New, more effective selling opportunities
- IBM's wide range of services and a broad choice of server platforms, storage and middleware united with Cisco's leadership in networking technologies delivers a security-rich, converged platform for banks to achieve multichannel integration, including enriched self-service options for customers.
- IBM and Cisco can optimize networks and branch infrastructures to increase business productivity and flexibility, and improve customer interactions across all channels.
- IBM and Cisco are leaders in delivering unified communications solutions which integrate and streamline communications for richer collaboration, enhanced productivity and faster business decisions.
- IBM and Cisco offer retail banking customers a comprehensive solution for product, design and implementation of an IP contact center tailored to meet your specific needs, which can help lower overall costs, resulting in a higher return on investment and enhanced long-term client satisfaction.
- IBM and Cisco enable the transformation of communications and business processes for banks that need to operate collaboratively across geographic boundaries, in order to drive corporate strategy, share skills and expertise, enter new markets and maintain effective open channels across the enterprise.
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco can improve your strategic positioning and increase customer satisfaction.
- Create a unique branch experience for your customers, while enhancing your brand value.
- Present additional or new services and products, personalized to the customer.
- Enable your products and services to be available to your customers virtually anytime, anywhere.
- Maximize the value of self-service and face-to-face interactions.
- Improve up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Benefit from predictable performance and non-stop e-business transaction processing.
- Leverage mobilized computing resources and flexible communications.
- Use voice and video to promote near real-time communication and collaboration.
- Deliver the confidence and peace of mind that comes with a solution designed and implemented by two experienced and strong leaders in unified communications—IBM and Cisco.
Back to top
The goal - Give new life to your branches
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco are focused on creating business value for customers. These solutions are designed to help develop new revenue opportunities, long-term customer satisfaction and increased business flexibility. We can help you provide efficient, intelligent and security-rich information flow to improve the front-office multichannel environment and optimize customer interactions.
The advantage - Why IBM and Cisco?
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco combine IBM services, servers and software with Cisco expertise in network and communications technologies. We deliver:
- Combined global reach, breadth and depth of two financially stable market leaders.
- Well-established banking industry relationships.
- Proven track record and experience in delivering business value to banking clients.
- Strong industry consulting capability around business process integration.
- Certified technology services competency, including project management using proven implementation best practices.
- Closely aligned technology strategies, with strategic integration points across multiple technology lines including unified communications and telepresence.
The benefits - New, more effective selling opportunities
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco can include the following:
- A security-rich, converged networking platform for banks to achieve multi-channel integration.
- An optimized network—the foundation for deploying additional branch applications, services and solutions.
- Devising the optimal balance of investment required in the bank's branch infrastructure to achieve optimal business productivity.
- Mixing branch and centralized computing and storage architectures to meet business requirements and vision, while delivering LAN-like service levels to remote users.
- Developing the structure and intelligence to help banks integrate communications more closely with business processes and ensure that information reaches recipients quickly, through the most appropriate medium.
- A flexible and comprehensive unified communications solution positioned for growth and front- and back-office integration of banking applications to help facilitate sales and operational improvements.
- Next-generation IP customer contact center solutions, integrated with other banking channels, to help reduce overall cost, optimize revenue per customer contact and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- A method to win, retain and grow a profitable customer base through increased sales effectiveness and customer satisfaction with improved call handling, easy customer segmentation and faster access to remote specialists across a multichannel environment.
- Enriched self-service solutions for customers, including non-face-to-face interactions such as Web, mobile, ATM and remote face-to-face techologies such as telepresence and video kiosk to generate additional cross- and up-sell revenue, higher customer satisfaction and stronger multi-channel integration.
- Telepresence solutions which facilitate real-time collaboration among people in multiple global locations can enable faster decision-making and reduces travel requirements, make subject matter experts available to multiple locations simultaneously, and provide the experience of in-person interaction, which helps build trust.
The approach - Scalable platform helps increase network availability
A financial institution in Scotland needed to replace complex network infrastructure acquired through rapid business expansion and filled with legacy systems which were geographically disbursed and serving more than 128,000 customers. They also wanted to ensure future growth and deliver operational excellence using a single platform that is scalable, structured, manageable and highly available. The bank called IBM to design, integrate and deploy a complete network management solution, an IBM Business Partner to provide network management technology and Cisco technology to automate lifecycle management of the infrastructure. The result included a scalable platform that helped reduce costs and increase network availability.
The financial advantage - Future-safe your branches
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco can offer a quick return on investment.
- Reduce the cost and complexity of delivering new services through the branch—and decrease time to market.
- Provide a rich customer experience with value-added services that deliver increased revenue opportunities.
- Reduce operating expenses with converged video, voice and data networks.
Back to top
The issues - Provide more information, new services
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco provides integrated solutions that can help you achieve multichannel integration, enhance customer service and increase employee productivity. We can help you optimize IT investments to increase overall banking organizational effectiveness through improved internal and external collaboration, organizational responsiveness, business resilience and operational efficiency.
The benchmark - Superior technology for integration and multimedia
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco combine IBM's services and portfolio of hardware platforms, middleware and management software with Cisco leadership in networking products and IP telephony for the Internet.
- IBM can help you develop and integrate your architecture, optimize your infrastructure, and provide application management services or outsourcing.
- IBM offers IT infrastructure support services to help enable the optimum configuration support and rollout for your systems.
- Video communication solutions combine Cisco TelePresence™ for real-time face-to-face interaction over the network with IBM expertise for strategy, assessment, architecture, design, implementation, and integration.
- Cisco end-to-end enterprise network solutions form the most comprehensive line of networking products available in the industry. From the branch office to the WAN and campus backbone, Cisco products are the leading choice of the enterprise.
The components - Intelligent, integrated system
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco feature IBM consulting and IT services, as well as technology components such as servers, storage and software. Cisco provides core technologies, including routing and switching, as well as unified communications, security and a data center. Specifically, your solution can include the following:
- IBM hardware
- IBM BladeCenter®
- IBM System x™, System p, System z™ servers
- IBM System x iDataPlex™
- IBM AnyPlace Kiosk
- IBM SAN storage
- IBM Director
- IBM software
- IBM Lotus Sametime® and Cisco Plug-ins
- Lotus Notes® and Cisco Plug-ins
- Lotus Domino® and Lotus QuickPlace®
- Lotus Expeditor
- Lotus Mobile Connect
- Lotus Web Conferencing
- IBM Tivoli® Access, Tivoli Compliance, Tivoli Identity, Tivoli Provisioning and Tivoli Risk Managers
- Tivoli NetView® and Tivoli Netcool products
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server
- WebSphere Application Server, Portal Server
- WebSphere Everyplace® Access Manager
- IBM Workplace Forms®
- IBM Global Business Services
- Customer relationship management
- Strategy and change
- Industry expertise
- Application services
- IBM Global Technology Services
- Integrated communications
- Converged communications
- Network convergence
- IP telephony
- Near real-time collaboration
- IP contact center
- Middleware, server, storage and data services
- Security and privacy services
- End-user services
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco can include the following Cisco products:
- Branch connectivity and security through the Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) integrated services routers (ISR) bundle, which includes:
- Cisco 800 to 3800 Series Integrated Service Routers
- Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS)
- Integrated ISR Secure WAN module
- Cisco Security products including NAC, VPN, Firewall, CSA, ACS
- Data center connectivity and security
- Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series with ACE
- Cisco WAE Appliance
- Branch communications
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager with Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) and IP Phones
- Cisco Unified Presence Server
- Cisco Unified Video Advantage
- Cisco Unity® Unified Messaging
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace®
- Cisco Plug-ins for Sametime
- Contact center technologies
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise
- Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP)
- Cisco Agent Desktop and Mobile Agent
- Cisco Unified Customer interaction Analyzer
- Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Mgmt (ICM)
- Cisco Unified E-Mail and Web Interaction Manager
- Telepresence technologies
- Cisco TelePresence solution endpoints
- Cisco TelePresence Manager
- Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Media Convergence Server
- Cisco Unified Videoconferencing
- Complementary technologies
- Cisco Wireless Products Portfolio
- Content Managemen t Products
The implementation - Proven technology for improved performance
A bank in Germany needed to upgrade their network infrastructure to meet Basel II legislation requirements for resiliency and availability. They also wanted to increase network bandwidth to process transactions in a timely manner. The IBM team reviewed the existing infrastructure and made recommendations for improvement. IBM and Cisco designed and implemented a new network infrastructure built on Cisco routers and switches. This solution provided a 20% increase in bandwidth, a 50% increase in network availability and a 30% improvement in resiliency. It also enabled the client to comply with stringent Basel II requirements, reduce downtime and decreased data processing time.
The cost of ownership - Convergence reduces cost of ownership
Front office solutions for retail banking from IBM and Cisco offer a low cost of ownership by:
- Consolidating network and telecommunications infrastructure onto one single network to reduce maintenance and operation costs.
- Using an integrated systems approach to embedded services that speeds application deployment, and reduces operating costs and complexity.
- Immediately and dramatically reducing voice and data network operations, maintenance, provisioning and toll costs through a converged IP network.
- Including an integrated network that delivers significant savings in time and resources, enhancing operational efficiency. An independent study from Sage, shows 29% OPEX savings from reduced training, support and integration requirements of an integrated solution.
Back to top