Quickly deliver quality products to market
From the conception of a new product through delivery of that product to the market, maintaining a secure and accurate master copy of product data is a crucial aspect as it promotes a single version of design data across thousands of engineers. This data is also required for design reuse across projects. From simple versioning to regulatory compliance, IBM and Dassault Systèmes can help companies in a broad variety of industries—from aerospace and defense to footwear and apparel—foster innovation through collaboration with global teaming and workspaces.
Collaborative design and development
The product data management solution is a combined solution from IBM and Dassault Systèmes that uses role-based functionality to allow experts across teams and geographies to share virtual real-time information. This collaborative environment can help establish a single version of the truth in your design process. Our collaborative product development business process applications facilitate the management of globally dispersed programs, project teams and connected activities by streamlining tasks and responsibilities throughout the organization. Your customized product data management solution may include:
- Dassault Systèmes ENOVIA, which is a single, global collaborative innovation platform for managing engineering and business intellectual property worldwide.
- Dassault Systèmes 3DVIA, which enables sharing and collaboration on design innovation in 3-D.
- IBM® DB2®, which is used by ENOVIA to provide rapid access to product design information with high performance and scalability.
- IBM WebSphere®, which is used by ENOVIA as an application server, enables dynamic, interconnected business processes and delivers a highly effective application infrastructure for all business situations.
- IBM Tivoli® software for information and IT services management.
- IBM Systems, which offer world-class servers and storage products to provide a robust, resilient infrastructure for high performance and availability.
- IBM product lifecycle management (PLM) consultants, who bring valuable experience to help with business transformation to improve product development processes by optimizing and integrating your PLM environment.
Accelerate PLM processes
From concept through delivery, this combined solution helps you maximize your intellectual property usage internally and externally through a collaborative network. By delivering industry-specific best practices, predefined work processes, data models, reports, role-based user interfaces and document management capabilities, the product data management solution is designed to help you:
- Manage globally dispersed programs, teams and activities with role-based functionality to allow experts across teams and geographies share virtual real-time information.
- Accelerate PLM processes with valuable information at hand by integrating input from suppliers and business partners earlier in the product life cycle.
- Automate and integrate product data management through a collaborative network.
- Drive profitable growth through cycle time reduction and increased resource productivity.
The alliance partnership
End-to-end solutions for PLM innovation
Having first collaborated in 1981, the IBM and Dassault Systèmes relationship pre-dates the PLM industry. And as Global Alliance Solution partners, both companies bring significant experience and expertise as well as proven technology to each PLM implementation.
- Is a pioneer in the 3-D software market with applications that support the entire product life cycle—from conception to maintenance to recycling.
- Boasts a client base of more than 115,000 at locations in 80 countries.
- Is one of the world's largest systems integrators.
- Offers PLM services that cover business transformation, solution implementation, and infrastructure and application support and hosting.
Our two companies continue to invest in developing, deploying and supporting client PLM environments. Together, we serve a wide range of industries from industrial equipment to energy and utilities to shipbuilding to consumer packaged goods. As evidence of our commitment to working closely together:
- Dassault Systèmes' PLM solutions use WebSphere, Tivoli, IBM Lotus®, IBM Information Management and IBM Rational® software as well as IBM Systems to provide clients with a 3-D vision of a product's entire life cycle.
- We jointly established a PLM competency center focused on optimizing Dassault Systèmes' PLM solutions for performance, reliability and scalability on an IBM infrastructure.
- IBM Global Financing offers flexible financing options for end-to-end PLM solutions from IBM and Dassault Systèmes to help fuel PLM innovation.