Set your products apart with great product design
Great product design is where beauty, functionality and ease-of-use all come together. In most industries, the way a product looks and how the components fit are not enough to differentiate. To achieve a product design that sets itself apart, your company must integrate compelling software capabilities with great design. By more tightly aligning design-related activities across your enterprise, you can enable engineers to produce more innovative products through a collaborative network more quickly, and with more capabilities.
A comprehensive view of the development process
The product design solution is a combined solution from IBM and Dassault Systèmes that can help address the product development process—from product concept specifications to manufacturing to product-in-service—in an integrated and multi-discipline manner. Better manage digital mock-ups, machining, analysis and simulation by facilitating collaborative engineering across the extended enterprise, including style and form design, mechanical design, and equipment and systems engineering. Your customized product design solution may include:
- Dassault Systèmes ENOVIA, which is a single, global collaborative innovation platform for managing engineering and business intellectual property.
- Dassault Systèmes CATIA, which enables collaborative design to encourage innovation across your extended enterprise.
- Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS, which provides complete and intuitive 3-D solutions for product design, analysis and data management.
- Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA, which delivers a scalable portfolio for managing simulation data, processes and intellectual property.
- Dassault Systèmes DELMIA, for manufacturing planning to virtually define, plan, create, monitor and control all production processes.
- IBM® DB2®, which is used by ENOVIA to provide rapid access to product design information with high performance and scalability.
- IBM WebSphere®, which is used with ENOVIA as an application server, enables dynamic, interconnected business processes, and delivers a highly effective application infrastructure for all business situations.
- IBM Lotus®, which enables real-time collaboration within the design environment.
- IBM Systems, which offer world-class servers and storage products to provide a robust and resilient infrastructure for high performance and availability.
- IBM product lifecycle management (PLM) consultants, who bring valuable experience to help with business transformation to improve product development processes by optimizing and integrating your PLM environment.
Lower your cost of ownership, while increasing return on investment
The product design solution from IBM and Dassault Systèmes can help you drive profitable growth through cycle time reduction and increased resource productivity. Create quality products faster, at lower cost by connecting all stakeholders to enable collaboration within your organization and beyond, which may in turn drive profitable growth. Our solution is designed to:
- Decrease design change costs by identifying issues early in the development cycle, when they are less expensive to overcome.
- Deliver on-time, on-budget product launches due to enhanced management dashboard visibility and risk mitigation from concept to launch.
- Reduce documentation re-work with more effective reviews and electronic sign-offs.
- Create an efficient procurement process to drive down cost and increase margins.
The alliance partnership
Industry leaders and innovators since 1981
Having first collaborated in 1981, the IBM and Dassault Systèmes relationship pre-dates the PLM industry. And as Global Alliance Solution partners, both companies bring significant experience and expertise as well as proven technology to each PLM implementation.
- Is a pioneer in the 3-D software market with applications that support the entire product life cycle—from conception to maintenance to recycling.
- Boasts a client base of more than 115,000 at locations in 80 countries.
- Is one of the world's largest systems integrators.
- Offers PLM services that cover business transformation, solution implementation, and infrastructure and application support and hosting.
Our two companies continue to invest in developing, deploying and supporting client PLM environments. Together, we serve a wide range of industries from industrial equipment to energy and utilities to shipbuilding to consumer packaged goods. As evidence of our commitment to working closely together:
- Dassault Systèmes' PLM solutions use WebSphere, IBM Tivoli®, Lotus, IBM Information Management and IBM Rational® software as well as IBM Systems to provide clients with a 3-D vision of a product's entire life cycle.
- We jointly established a PLM competency center focused on optimizing Dassault Systèmes' PLM solutions for performance, reliability and scalability on an IBM infrastructure.
- IBM Global Financing offers flexible financing options for end-to-end PLM solutions from IBM and Dassault Systèmes to help fuel PLM innovation.