A Social Business embraces networks of people to create business value. And no matter where you are in an organisation, the benefits of being a Social Business are tangible and quantifiable. Below are examples of how IBM can help bring real value to specific roles within an enterprise.
- Provide engaging, relevant content for customers that marketing executives can update quickly
- Leverage analytics to capture customer insights and use these insights to adapt ensuring compelling offers, products and services.
- Find expertise through dynamic personal profiles.
- Share realtime insights with instant messaging, blogging, forums and shared bookmarks.
- Maintain consistent brand experience independent from the device used such as smart phones, iPads and laptops.
IBM helped Deutsche Lufthansa access the repository for central customer data, flight data and more, ending redundancy problems and reducing the need for manual error tracking and transactions. Learn more (US).
- Manage relationships with customers and prospects in a personal, friendly way.
- Reduce costs while keeping customer satisfaction high through increased self-service capabilities.
- Share knowledge with and contribute new ideas to a community.
- Gather feedback on existing products and services from the community.
The University of London used social business tools to create a community for more than 40,000 distance learners, saving over £300,000 a year. Learn more (PDF)
- Build a nimble culture where knowledge sharing is rewarded and helps accelerate product and service innovation.
- Allow distributed teams to work in a transparent way around the world and around the clock, bringing product and services to market faster.
- Include customers and partners in the gathering of product and service ideas and feedback to bring products and services to market at lower risk.
Sennheiser uses a global collaboration solution to rapidly solve problems and streamline live events by transforming a large quantity of data into an easily accessible knowledge base. Learn more (US).
- Transform the workforce, and help shift corporate culture to a more open, transparent, and collaborative model.
- Improve leadership development to retain top talent and develop the next generation of successful leaders.
- Mobilise your workforce for speed and flexibility to rapidly respond to customer demands and changing market conditions.
- Rapidly develop and deploy skills and capabilities to the right business opportunities.
CEMEX created a company portal, connecting 17,000 employees in the first year and creating 400 new communities — leading to the development of their first global product offering. Learn more (US).