Asset Performance Management from IBM
Inefficient asset performance
Your generation company must deliver reliable and cost-effective electricity to meet growing consumer demands while managing capital and operating investments. Profitable operations require optimised efficiency of electricity production and reduced expenses. These variables can be complicated and have expensive trade-off decisions. Also, environmental regulations and supply variability can challenge efficiency, reliability, flexibility and agility in asset performance.
Reliable performance management
Asset Performance Management from IBM can provide a comprehensive and unified view of equipment, plant and fleet performance, considering asset health, operational efficiency, energy usage, emissions and maintenance. Using advanced analytics and business intelligence tools, it helps you gain a better understanding of generation fleet performance and its operational value. By integrating asset management, predictive analytics and key performance indicator (KPI) visualisations, this offering can help you make more informed decisions for unit-based generation load dispatch, maintenance and operations from a fleetwide perspective.
Our offering helps you improve the efficiency and reliability of your assets through detailed analysis of the trade-off between maintenance strategies and operations — this can help you better understand the dynamics that affect the performance of your plant and equipment and gain a more in-depth understanding of the factors that drive asset efficiency and performance. We can help you aggregate, share and compare performance data at the plant or fleet level by integrating asset performance management and IT systems.
Our asset performance management solution can integrate asset performance analysis, equipment health prediction and maintenance execution to help reduce operational risks and unplanned outages. An in-depth analysis of assets, unifying and correlating data from plant performance systems, provides an integrated platform for actionable insights across virtually all asset performance management functions and enables more informed decision making through fleetwide visibility and analysis.
Advanced visualisation and analytics
Significant features of our asset performance management solution are:
- Combined view of asset health and performance - predictive indications and equipment key performance indicators
- Better access to equipment work and maintenance history, supporting information (manuals, drawings and vendor sheets) and instrumentation data using one, unified view
- Advanced visualisation and analytics capabilities for detailed assessments of asset performance characteristics
- Analytical decision support systems including optimisers that can suggest optimised operations and maintenance processes based on the insights and assessments generated
- Asset Performance Management functions - fuel, performance, energy, emissions, equipment condition and enterprise asset management