여행 및 운송을 위한 IBM ILOG 최적화 솔루션
A load of variables
Every day, management is charged with the task of digging through piles of constraints and goals—such as employee preferences, airport or road closures, or fleet and equipment limitations—to create schedules that satisfy all requirements. Should conditions change once a schedule has been implemented due to issues such as poor weather or vehicle malfunction, productivity is lost and commitments are not met as back-up plans are hastily made. If the optimal schedule is unclear and an inferior one is implemented the consequences can lead to poor resource use, resulting in excessive operational costs, lost revenue, customer dissatisfaction, or an inability to meet demand. Travel and transportation companies need to optimize all resources, including physical and human assets, with better planning and scheduling software.
A gateway to answers
When it comes to optimizing travel and transportation resources with scheduling, IBM® ILOG® software is really going places. IBM ILOG optimization solutions for travel and transportation interpret live data on the location of transportation vessels such as trucks, shipping containers or railcars, in addition to equipment such as loading gates, busses or cranes. Real-time data on the status of these objects is used to schedule or re-schedule vehicles and dispatch shipments. This makes resource allocation faster, more efficient, and flexible enough to combat traffic disturbances or disruptions.
ILOG optimization solutions collect historical data on resource usage to forecast their future availability. They help you manage resources to meet long- and short-term goals. Historical data is used in combination with predictive analytics to generate schedules for future operations. This provides a smarter method for building cost-effective, pragmatic schedules that manage the complexity of transit activity demanded, maintenance constraints, and company or legal regulations.
Your company gains a high level of adaptability as schedules and plans can be modified manually when challenges arise. Updated schedules are shared with stakeholders—operational managers, staff, crew, customers and passengers. And you can select the business rules and constraints specific to your scheduling and routing scenarios. ILOG software produces all of the possible schedules that conform to your requirements. Now you can take the work out of analyzing complex schedules and gain freedom from the options offered by new intelligence.
Arrivals: meet service level agreements
IBM ILOG optimization solutions for travel and transportation can help you get the most value from your assets with scheduling technology that can:
- Instantly produce optimal schedules.
- Improve vehicle maintenance to help ensure vehicle availability.
- Create faster fleet turnarounds.
- Optimize workforce, fleet, asset and yield management.
- Respond to demand and market changes with flexibility and reactivity.
- Provide the ability to offer more responsive customer service.
- Increase ease of use and raise staff productivity.
- Enhance employee satisfaction with work schedules.
- Deploy the right staff with the right skills to the right location.
- Build energy-efficient transportation systems.
Departures: complexity and costs
Scheduling complexity and the cost of missed resource optimization opportunities are over with IBM ILOG optimization solutions for travel and transportation. ILOG software can make your business smarter by producing schedules and problem-solving scenarios in four major areas.
- Workforce management solutions help companies optimally plan and dispatch drivers, operators and crew using smarter scheduling and rostering.
- Fleet management solutions strategically position and maintain vehicles such as airplanes, trucks, shipping containers, and passenger and freight trains.
- Asset management solutions create value by improving internal processes to help ensure resources are not wasted, and by using preventive maintenance.
- Yield management solutions target operational costs with dynamic pricing, dynamic packaging and optimal product bundles.