Video correlation and analysis suite from IBM (en inglés)
Video worth a thousand words
Today’s world requires comprehensive surveillance to protect airports, railways, bridges and ports from sabotage, terrorism, theft or vandalism. But video surveillance alone has not improved site security nor sufficiently reduced its safety risks—even with an increased number of cameras. Magnetic tapes take storage space, eventually wear out and aren't easily shared between security centers. Reviewing an event can take hours or even weeks to find evidence. Digital technology and video analytics provide the opportunity to get more value out of the video content captured and stored.
Real-time access to recorded events and analytics
Video correlation and analysis suite (VCAS) from IBM provides the ability to view, monitor and digitally record activity throughout your environment with real-time access to your critical security information. VCAS incorporates IT security and physical security to make it easier for airports and railway stations to use video surveillance for pedestrian flow monitoring and analysis, pedestrian safety, cargo inspection and other transportation logistics. VCAS provides a number of advantages over traditional video solutions, including:
- Real-time alerts that can help anticipate incidents by identifying suspicious behaviors.
- Enhanced forensic capabilities that allow unique indexing and attribute-based search of video events to classify objects into categories such as people and cars.
- Situational awareness of a location, identity through facial recognition and activity of objects in a monitored space, such as abandoned luggage.
Because VCAS is IP-based, it is instrumented, capturing video as a stream and transporting it over an IP-based network for further indexing and analysis. Rules can be set for detection of unusual activities. Video can be interconnected and shared among multiple security locations, and activities monitored across multiple premises, potentially reducing the need for staffing. Videos in digital format can be compressed, archived and stored away for years, making retrieval of archived digital videos a much easier task than retrieval of an analog video tape at a physical storage facility.
In addition to basic video capture, VCAS can be integrated with advanced technology such as wireless networking, facial recognition analytics, license plate recognition and data analysis to improve operational efficiency and provide intelligence to respond immediately to real-time events.
Advance digital surveillance technology
VCAS can enhance security at transportation facilities, including airports, ports, railways and roadways. The solution can help:
- Provide efficient video sequence data analysis either in real time or after an event occurs.
- Use existing technologies to reduce implementation costs.
- Utilize metadata search, which supports a wide range of queries on events that may or may not have been previously defined as alerts.
- Track vehicles on roads or people on pavement to better understand traffic patterns, report congestion, provide real-time traffic assistance and support traffic planning.
Enhance physical security with analytic capabilities
VCAS provides an integrated video surveillance and security solution that can include components such as cameras, digital video recorders, servers, storage systems, software and network devices, including:
- IBM® WebSphere® Application Server protects your investment by allowing you to service-enable existing packaged and traditional applications.
- IBM DB2® Workgroup Server Edition serves as a relational database management system.
- IBM BladeCenter® supports a wide selection of processor technologies and operating systems to allow clients to run all of their diverse workloads.
- IBM System x® servers provides proactive, secure, integrated tools for tracking and deploying assets, optimizing performance and even enabling remote maintenance for a single, security-rich, consistent interface to manage your IT.
- IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager automates data backup and restore functions, supports a broad range of platforms and storage devices, and centralizes storage management operations.
- IBM Smart Surveillance Analytics provides an open framework for event integration and correlation, highly specialized searches based on multiple object attributes and advanced real-time alerts.