Data governance for healthcare
Laying the foundation to improve information integrity
Healthcare costs are on the rise, and inefficiency is at the heart of cost inflation. While your organization may be data-rich, data integrity and integration gaps may be keeping you knowledge-poor. You need to assure the quality and accuracy of the data that you rely on for decision making—data that may reside in multiple repositories across the organization. Data governance uses proven disciplines and processes to assess, manage, use, maintain and protect enterprise information.
Data drives faster diagnosis and claims resolution
The data governance solution for healthcare from IBM begins with an assessment of your current operational environment. We work with you to identify and define your needs across eleven data governance disciplines: value creation; organizational awareness; risk management; data architecture; data quality; security; privacy and compliance; stewardship; information life-cycle management; audit and reporting; and policy, meta-data and business glossary. From there, we can help you build a data governance program and platform on a common framework to address your integration and communication needs across organizational boundaries.
A robust data warehouse with oversight from the application of data governance disciplines helps unify multiple data stores, making it possible to quickly and easily access data. Our solution can help you accurately identify a patient or member using common terminology across the organization. Our methodology helps you enforce accountability for maintaining data quality, enhancing your investments in health and business analytics, and speeding evidence-based decision making.
Quality intelligence for smarter healthcare
Whether you are a hospital or health plan, IBM can help you discover your data governance and operational requirements. Our offering can help your organization:
- Determine your level of data governance maturity.
- Establish a common framework to address integration and communication needs across organization boundaries.
- Provide easier access to accurate information to help enable better-informed care decisions and timelier payout of medical claims.
- Ensure access to trusted patient/member information to support patient/member-centered initiatives.
- Accurately identify each patient, member or provider to support transparency and interoperability.
- Support external and internal reporting with a single, accurate version of data.
- Progress data governance maturity to get the most out of your information management investments.
Disciplines, processes and technology to help you improve data integrity
IBM is committed to working with hospitals and health plans to help them achieve their business objectives. We can help you strengthen your data governance posture, applying our benchmarking tools and enhancing your current maturity level for effective data governance. We can then build a robust data warehouse based on a common framework with advanced software to help you discover insights leading to better decision making. Our solution may include:
- IBM® InfoSphere™ Master Data Management—provides a unified, complete, consistent and standardized view of your data with better control, fewer information errors and less duplicated data.
- InfoSphere Information Server—integrates data to help you derive more value from the complex, heterogeneous information spread across your systems.
- Technology from Initiate, an IBM Company—enables higher quality information sharing by connecting systems and participants across heterogeneous environments, and resolving patient and provider identities at all points of service.
- IBM Information Agenda™—provides the plan needed to minimize risk and help ensure long-term success, including accelerators that are part of the IBM Health Integration Framework, such as InfoSphere Clinical Analytics and the Health Plan Data Model, to help tackle information-intensive challenges and take advantage of proven best practices.