View all smarter government solutions
Geographic information systems for government from IBM and ESRI
Integrate geographic data across your organization
From asset and resource location awareness and logistics planning to tax assessment, emergency response and crime data analysis, governing organizations rely on geographically related data. Integrating geographic information systems (GIS) with government applications, such as asset management, water management, crime information warehousing and emergency response can extend the value of those applications by increasing accuracy, efficiency and productivity.
Collect, manage and analyze geospatial data for better governing
GIS solutions for government from IBM and ESRI are designed to help your organization manage and deliver spatial data by geographic location, and integrate this data with existing applications. This can help you visualize scenarios, extend intelligence, make more informed decisions and address complex issues such as:
- Asset management—gather and summarize data across geographic locations, track the movement of assets over time, and identify trends and predict future events with greater accuracy by analyzing and visualizing asset use patterns.
- Water management—use sophisticated sensor networks, and apply advanced computing and analytics to support better-informed water policy and management decisions.
- Crime prevention—integrate data collected through global positioning systems (GPS) into a new repository of consistent, accurate information, which is then presented in multiple business views, including offenses or incidents, dispatch history and arrests.
- Emergency response—integrate existing systems based on GPS and radio-frequency identification (RFID) sensors to provide seamless communications, incident response management, desktop mapping and real-time collaboration.
To share and visualize this data, IBM provides interconnected support, through database management, for ESRI’s rich product set in order to work seamlessly across your organization. Your users can access intelligence about GIS data using browser-based desktop or mobile clients, and enable applications and services for spatial data management, visualization and spatial analysis.
Boost precision in spatial data and use
Proven IBM technology and industry-leading service oriented architecture (SOA), combined with comprehensive ESRI GIS client, server and Web services technology, enable collaboration through the rapid distribution of GIS services over virtually every type of network. Our suite of government-focused GIS solutions:
- Offer sophisticated spatial analysis to visualize cross-agency information.
- Assist you in creating, visualizing, analyzing and presenting information better and more efficiently.
- Allow users to see, explore and analyze data by location—revealing hidden patterns, relationships and trends not readily apparent in standard spreadsheets or statistical data.
- Help manage local zoning, land use and property tax assessments and other municipal services.
- Assist you in making informed decisions to improve services and reduce costs
Technology to help make geographic information systems simpler
IBM provides a wide array of hardware, software and professional services critical to making applications enterprise-ready. ESRI supplies the geographic information system (GIS) technology. Together, we deliver an end-to-end solution that includes:
- IBM® DB2® Spatial Extender—a Web-ready relational database management system.
- IBM WebSphere®—software for SOA environments that enables dynamic, interconnected business processes, and delivers highly effective application infrastructures.
- IBM SOA Foundation—an IT architectural approach that supports integrating your organization as linked, repeatable business tasks or services.
- IBM Informix® Dynamic Server—delivers exceptional reliability, scalability, ease of administration, online transaction processing (OLTP) performance, and a complete range of application development options.
- IBM Maximo® Spatial Asset Management—allows asset managers to visualize the spatial relationships among managed assets and other mapped features.
- ESRI ArcGIS Server—distributes maps, models and tools to others in your organization in a way that fits well into their workflows.
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop—performs advanced spatial analysis and model operational processes, and visualizes results on professional-quality maps
View all smarter government solutions