View all banking solutions
Account opening for banking
Customer experience can make—or break—a customer relationship
A new generation of customers, accustomed to increasingly innovative shopping experiences, is looking for more satisfying, valuable and faster interactions with financial institutions. At the same time, financial institutions are looking for ways to change their current processes to better attract and keep customers while reducing operational costs. The account opening solution for banking from IBM can help you can achieve these goals.
Simplify and automate the process
The account opening solution from IBM includes instrumentation that provides a comprehensive view into business activity through dashboards. Business events and “out-of-bounds” conditions can be defined and automatically detected, followed by the appropriate automated responses and actions. In addition, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices and other instrumented devices are used to enable financial transactions.
Using this information, this solution can help your bank create a more interconnected enterprise, including a single view of your customers, account and product information. This enables customers, employees and third parties to communicate and interact in a wide variety of existing and new methods.
Overall, the account opening solution enables the rapid, intelligent analysis of a vast mix of structured and unstructured data to improve insight, enable informed judgment, and provide a significantly improved customer experience. The solution can help you respond to changes quickly and accurately with insights distilled from data in near real time.
Shorten account opening time. Streamline costs.
Our account opening solution automates the process from start to finish—from customer data capture, to credit and identity verifications, to account approval. And the solution is based on the IBM® Banking Industry Framework for a solid, comprehensive platform to support these new capabilities to delight the customer, while reducing operating costs through the following:
- Create a single view of the customer within your enterprise.
- Present the optimal information and functionality to each bank employee through a role-based "integrated workplace" to help enable a superior customer experience.
- Automate and reuse business processes across channels for lower development and maintenance costs; use external business rules to greatly enhance the agility of the defined processes.
- Manage all aspects of a business process from a single viewpoint from start to finish.
- Digitize documents and submit them to an enterprise content repository so they can be easily accessed and used across the enterprise.
- Distribute documents to customers digitally and allow them to sign documents electronically, shortening and transforming some business processes.
- Use customer analytics and insight to understand your profitable customers and focus on them.
- Eliminate duplications in systems and data.
Best-in-class processes and components
The account opening solution from IBM can include:
- Support from IBM Global Business Services—provides solution design, process optimization, implementation and support.
- Business process management (BPM)—includes both IBM WebSphere® Process Server for enterprise process management and IBM FileNet® Business Process Manager for document-centric workflow.
- Enterprise content management—includes both IBM DB2® Content Manager and FileNet products.
- IBM Workplace for branch banking—optimizes staff productivity by minimizing the time employees spend looking for information; provides users with a single point of interaction with dynamic information, applications, processes and people.
- IBM Information Framework—offers a family of data, object and process models designed specifically for financial institutions; enables creation of detailed specifications and cross-enterprise architectures.
- IBM InfoSphere™ Master Data Management Server—provides a scalable and high-performance host-tier application that physically consolidates customer information from many sources and provides this information to business applications.
- IBM Lotus® Forms—improves efficiency, time to revenue and customer service by automating paper-based processes, and maintaining auditable, compliant records.
View all banking solutions