Johannesburg , South Africa, February 29, 2012– IBM (NYSE: IBM) will offer incentives for its Business Partners to drive growth in key markets such as smarter cities, smarter commerce and social business.
"Commerce, social business, cloud computing and analytics are key opportunities and we want to ensure that our Business Partners have the resources, skills and support they need to succeed in these markets," said Asif Valley, Executive Business Partner Organisation for IBM South Africa. "The new incentives are designed to help our Business Partners grow their businesses and continue to work with us to deliver simplified approaches to the complex challenges our clients are facing."
Smarter Cities Incentives
Helping cities solve key challenges in urban planning, environmental compliance, energy and water, transportation, education, social welfare and health, public safety, government and agency administration represents a $57 billion market opportunity.* IBM has turned to its Business Partner community to help make integrated solutions accessible to cities globally. IBM has launched incentives for Business Partners including:
- Global Financing: Business Partners working on smarter cities projects that are part of IBM’s Software Value Plus Program, can access zero percent, 12-month, interest-free financing from IBM Global Financing.
- Government & Industry Expertise: Business Partners can take advantage of additional earning opportunities through IBM’s Industry and Capability authorisation incentives for on premise use of the Intelligent Operations Center.
- SaaS Referral: Business Partners can take advantage of the new SaaS referral incentive for the Intelligent Operations Center Cloud offering and will be rewarded 15 percent of the annual contract value of the sale.
Smarter Commerce and Social Business Incentives
IBM’s Smarter Commerce initiative is redefining the way businesses are engaging with today's empowered consumer. IBM is enabling eligible Business Partners to sell SaaS solutions for Smarter Commerce to their clients with IBM and obtain 15 percent of the annual contract value.
Products offered through this incentive include Smarter Commerce Industry solutions SaaS products such as IBM Coremetrics, Sterling Commerce and Unica. The Smarter Commerce Saas Incentive Program will be available to eligible IBM Business Partners including partners of recently acquired companies such as DemandTec.
Additionally, IBM has announced new incentives to help Business Partners capitalise on the growing social business market opportunity. Now, qualified IBM Business Partners selling SaaS offerings to small or mid-sized companies can earn a 28 percent rebate when they sell IBM SmartCloud for Social Business.
IBM Solution Accelerator Incentive
The IBM Solution Accelerator incentive is a new channel incentive for selling combined software and systems and/or business solutions. The incentive has two elements:
- Software and Systems Reward: A 5 percent incremental rebate for selling eligible IBM systems and a 15 percent incremental rebate for selling eligible software together to a single client.
- Business Solutions Reward: An additional 10 percent rebate for selling a solution aimed at a particular IT challenge on the eligible software content of the solution. The eligible solutions cover client needs such as turning information into insights, managing risk, security and compliance and social business.
In addition, approximately 1 percent in fees can be earned when clients finance their solution through IBM Global Financing.
The IBM Solution Accelerator incentive and Social Business incentives are available now. The Smarter Commerce and Smarter Cities incentives are expected to be available in the Second Quarter of this year. Other restrictions may apply. Offerings are subject to change, extension or withdrawal without notice.
* Analyst firm IDC estimates that the new Smarter Cities information technology market opportunity at $34 billion in 2011, increasing more than 18 percent per year to $57 billion by 2014.
For more information: www.ibm.com/press/us/en/presskit/36796.wss (US)
For information contact:
External Relations, IBM South Africa,
Tel: +27 11 302 9255,