India, July 26, 2012: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced Yonyx as the winner of the IBM SmartCamp 2012 in India, an exclusive event aimed at identifying early stage entrepreneurs who are developing business ventures that align with IBM Smarter Planet vision. Yonyx enables organizations to publish their trouble-shooting & product support knowledge in a revolutionary new way that unleashes the power of interactive self service for the benefit of customers, while cutting costs and improving quality of services delivered by the enterprise.
The SmartCamp Bangalore finalists represent a new generation of entrepreneurs whose technology and business models capitalize on the growing opportunity for businesses to optimize their resources by applying the next gen entrepreneurs’ vision for a smarter planet and integrating their innovative technologies in the ecosystem.
The SmartCamp, which was conducted on July 25, 2012 in Bangalore, is a part of IBM’s Global Entrepreneur Program is aimed at identifying early stage entrepreneurs who are developing business ventures aligned with building a smarter planet. Globally, this program has helped to launch more than 500 new businesses in key areas such as energy, health care and transportation.
Yonyx was the winner among five IBM SmartCamp Bangalore start-up finalists. The finalists presented their plans and discussed them with mentors and business leaders, and Yonyx was chosen as the winner for SmartCamp India. Yonyx will next take part in the SmartCamp World Finals with winners of SmartCamps from other countries, to be named IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year.
“Yonyx is honored to win IBM SmartCamp Bangalore” said Sanjay Bajaj, Co-Founder & CEO of Yonyx.“Being mentored and supported by a technology giant like IBM has enriched our experience in this event. We look forward to implementing the positive feedback given by the investors and analysts and to work with IBM in their smarter planet initiatives.”
SmartCamp winners are succeeding in the market with IBM’s help. Past SmartCamp Finalists have gone on to generate more than $60 million in funding following their SmartCamp appearance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QlSetAzTe0&list=UUfhRKiH5mfVdqQOixoi2RA&index=0&feature=plcp (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Together, the IBM Global Entrepreneur program and Venture Capital Group enable IBM to provide clients with the latest technological advances while gaining the insight and knowledge needed to uncover and enter into new growth markets such as business analytics, social business and smarter commerce.
The panel of mentors included investors and business leaders like:
- Peter Yorke - CEO at Yorke Communications Private Limited, Ex -VP - Marketing and Communications at Oracle Financial Services
- Parag Dhol - Venture Capital at Inventus, Ex- Associate Director at Intel Capital, Ex-Vice President at Genpact & GE Equity
- N R K Raman - Director at Trimax IT Infrastructure & Services Ltd, Advisory Board Member at Miles Software Solutions Private Limited, Chairman, Advisory Board at Atyati Technologies
- Russell Stamets - Experienced International Lawyer and Business Advisor, Attorney at Heller Ehrman LLP, Attorney at DLA Piper
- Sharad Sharma - Orbit Change Catalyst, EIR at Canaan Partners, Chairman at Movico Technologies, Ex - CEO and SVP - India R&D at Yahoo!
- Sateesh Andra - Venture Partner - Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Ex - President/CEO at Euclid Inc
- Srishti Sofat - General Manager - India at Responsys, Ex -Director Local Search at Infospace & Business Operations at Infospace
- Vijaya Kumar Ivaturi - Co-founder and Board member at India Innovation Labs, Chief innovation officer at INK, VP, Emerging market solutions at Wipro Technologies, Chief Technology Officer at Wipro Technologies
- Vaibhav Tewari - Business Head- Cloud Services at Microland, Founder Director at o2s360, President-India Operations at e4e, Founder & President at iSeva
- GV Ravishankar - Managing Director at Sequoia Capital, Associate at McKinsey & Company
- Ravi Trivedi - Principal at Southeast Interactive Technology Funds, Associate Analyst- Equity Research at Bank of America Securities
- Sijo Kuruvilla George - CEO at Infosys Startup Village, Director at Elevate Learning Lab
- Pankaj Dugar - Founder & CEO at Treetle, Inc. Director, M&A | Investments | Strategy at Cisco, Client Partner at Infosys Technologies, Ltd., Associate at McKinsey & Company
- Chandar Sundaram - Consultant - NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial, Learning at Indian Institute of Management
- Shailesh Chaturvedi- Managing Director and Chief Executive Office, Tommy Hilfiger India. Ex Head of APAC, Benetton PLC. Executive Committee member, India Fashion Alliance.
“The planet is flooded with data, and that is creating huge opportunity for startups. IBM is working with startups to take advantage of this opportunity.” Said Karthik Padmanabhan, Country Manager - ISV & Developer Relations, IBM Software Group - India/ SA “By providing startups with the technology, skills and mentorship needed to get their solution off the ground – IBM is truly helping to drive innovation. We at IBM believe that the entrepreneurs are playing a critical role in addressing the needs of cities around the world. Working closely with the Entrepreneurs helps us innovate better and help clients and partners solve some of society’s most pressing challenges.”
Yonyx will go on to the SmartCamp Global Finals where they will face-off with winners from SmartCamps in America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Besides Yonyx the other finalists for IBM SmartCamp Bangalore included:
- Imagine Software Labs (link resides outside of ibm.com) - world renowned augmented reality (AR) based technology enterprise that offers innovative visualization products and services which enhance the consumer experience of reality.
- Link Smart Technologies Private Limited - Bangalore based firm and of the first to have developed a new security technology, known as smartDNA.
- WinHire Technologies (link resides outside of ibm.com) - a break-through innovative technology product company based in Bangalore and offices in USA and Singapore.
- Wifinity Tech (link resides outside of ibm.com) - provides the enterprise sector with customer intelligence solutions that enable Energy Management, Physical security and Industrial/ Manufacturing execution systems.
To join the conversations on IBM SmartCamps follow #IBMSmartCamp on twitter or visit the blog: http://ibmsmartcamp.com/ (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Do you want to add a link to the Infomentary videos with advice for entrepreneurs? To hear opinions and tips on how to succeed as an entrepreneur from startups, IT experts and venture capitalists visit: http://bit.ly/ibminfomentary (link resides outside of ibm.com)
About IBM India: