- Audience: ages 5 to 15.
- A cool way to demonstrate fundamental science that is used in today's technology, like storing lots of music or other media on a tiny device.
- Gets students excited about science and technology as a career path.
What's the commitment?
- 1 hour reviewing talking points and practicing the demonstration.
- 1 hour to present and lead the activity.
Tips and options
- Anybody can give this presentation to schoolchildren up to the age of about 15. To present to older students, general knowledge of physics is preferred – there could be some tricky questions.
- Presentation: "Moving Atoms: An activity to demonstrate the power of atoms."
- Frequently Asked Questions about Activity Kits for volunteers