Procure and Design
Procured as a single system, with a single product ID, with components pre-selected and pre-integrated in the factory, eliminating the complexity of selecting, designing and wiring and setting up individual hardware and software components.
- Capacity planning is a timely, costly art – and leads to under or over-provisioning
- Ensuring that software and hardware components and versions integrate is costly
- Scheduling systems experts and component delivery is challenging and wastes time
- Single part number for a fully integrated system, that simplifies procurement by removing the need to procure and design a system of multiple, un-integrated components
- Systems come with unlimited use licensing for middleware and database components, removing license audit and compliance risk and overhead
- Double application density with the same amount of floor space, reducing costs and procurement cycles
Develop and Deploy
Deployed in minutes or hours, rather than weeks or months, because software comes with codified built-in expertise for deploying complex application environments that span inter-dependent software components (applications, servers, databases), in common, complex configurations (high availability, disaster recovery).
- Deploying and integrating the solution in production environment, to meet critical requirements like high-availablilty, performance, failover, disaster recovery, etc.
- Integrating, configuring, and optimising the system’s hardware and software components
- Customisation and tuning requires collaboration between many system component experts
- System components pre-integrated at the factory, ready to install and up and running out of the box in less than 4 hrs
- Deploy multi-tiered application environments in < 15 minutes, using automated, codified deployment templates that define deployment configuration
- An open framework for any software solution to create codified templates for deploying complex, multi-tiered applications
Managed as a single system, with a single management and monitoring console. For example, because the system components and application workloads are integrated by design, applications dynamically scale across system resources to meet easily set SLAs.
- On average, more than 70 percent of IT budgets are spent on operations and maintenance
- Ongoing system optimisation to meet and report on SLAs
- Ensuring that resources for applications scale appropriately to meet changing demand
- Pre-tuned and optimised system components reduces need for ongoing customisation
- Dynamic scaling of resources based on SLAs and real-time system environment
- Single tool for system monitoring, managing, analysing, and troubleshooting
Support and Upgrade
Supported and upgraded as a single system with a single number to call for support. For example, fixes are applied at a system level, encompassing all components, so IT no longer needs to worry about version dependencies between system components.
- Ensuring component version compatibility during patching and updating
- Troubleshooting system problems across many components - quickly and effectively
- Managing software licenses against actual system usages
- Integrated patches & upgrade path for entire system rather than individual components
- Single support number and process for the entire system, streamlining problem resolution
- Built-in license control, license auditing, and licensing policy enforcement