IBM and Climate Protection
- IBM recognizes climate change is a serious concern that
warrants meaningful action on a global basis to stabilize
the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases (GHGs).
- IBM believes all sectors of society, the economy and
governments worldwide must participate in solutions
to climate change.
- IBM supports joint efforts by the private and public sectors
to reduce global GHG emissions. These initiatives are
most effective when they are implemented through market-driven
mechanisms and are economically efficient, environmentally
effective and sustainable.
- IBM believes a diverse energy portfolio is necessary to
achieve an orderly adaptation to a world in which GHG
emissions are constrained while maintaining successful
economies and secure supplies of energy, and also meeting
the needs of humanity.
- IBM considers energy conservation to be a cornerstone
of climate protection. IBM will continue to conserve
energy and continually improve the energy efficiency of
its operations, products and services while collaborating
with and encouraging its global suppliers to do likewise.
- Consistent with its values, IBM will collaborate with its
clients to create new innovations and solutions that are
protective of the climate.