- DOM objects and methods tutorial (Mark "Tarquin" Wilton-Jones, January 2009): Find a comprehensive listing of all properties, collections, and methods of the W3C DOM.
- The Mozilla Developer Center: Visit a great resource for web developers.
On this page, find a thorough overview of the getElementsByTagName covered in this tutorial.
- LiveXMLEditor: View more information about LiveXMLEditor.
- Process XML in the browser using jQuery (Uche Ogbuji, developerWorks, December 2009): Find key information for processing namespaced XML and navigate some major pitfalls to gain the benefits of the popular Web application API.
- Understanding DOM (Nicholas Chase, developerWorks, March 2007): In this tutorial, learn about the structure of a DOM document.
- XML area on developerWorks: Get the resources you need to advance your skills in the XML arena.
- My developerWorks: Personalize your developerWorks experience.
- IBM XML certification: Find out how you can become an IBM-Certified Developer in XML and related technologies.
- XML technical library: See the developerWorks XML Zone for a wide range of technical articles and tips, tutorials, standards, and IBM Redbooks. Also, read more XML tips.
- developerWorks technical events and webcasts: Stay current with technology in these sessions.
- developerWorks on Twitter: Join today to follow developerWorks tweets.
- developerWorks podcasts: Listen to interesting interviews and discussions for software developers.
- developerWorks on-demand demos: Watch demos ranging from product installation and setup for beginners to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
Get products and technologies
- jQuery Browser Compatibility: Visit this page for a list of recommended browsers.
- Firebug: Get the essential debugging tool for Firefox users.
- LiveXMLEditor: Try the XML editor created by the author of this tutorial.
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor: Get the widely-used scripting language that is well suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. This tutorial uses PHP 5.2 or higher.
- IBM product evaluation versions: Download or explore the online trials in the IBM SOA Sandbox and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
- XML zone discussion forums: Participate in any of several XML-related discussions.
- The developerWorks community: Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.