- Apache Pivot: Visit the site for more information about Pivot and WTKX.
- The WTKX Primer from Apache.org: Learn about WTKX, an XML-based markup language used for constructing Pivot applications.
- Apache Pivot FAQ: Get all your questions answered.
- Demos section: Find additional Pivot demos on the Pivot Web site, as well as throughout the Pivot tutorial.
- Pivot iTunes Search Demo: See the demo application in action.
- Stock Tracker tutorial example: Try this sample Pivot app that uses Web queries to process CSV data returned by a Yahoo! Finance stock quote Web service.
- JSON: Learn all about the lightweight data-interchange format.
- The TIOBE Programming Community index: Get an indication of the popularity of programming languages.
- New to XML: Visit this great starting point for resources available to XML developers on IBM developerWorks.
- XML zone: See the developerWorks XML zone for a wide range of technical articles and tips, tutorials, and standards.
- The no-cost developerWorks On demand demos:
Watch and learn about IBM and open source technologies and product functions.
- Open source events around the world: Check out upcoming conferences, trade shows, webcasts, and more that are of interest to IBM open source developers.
- Open source: Visit the developerWorks Open source zone for extensive how-to information, tools, and project updates to help you develop with open source technologies, and use them with IBM products.
- The developerWorks Java technology zone: Find articles about every aspect of Java programming.
- IBM XML certification: Find out how you can become an IBM-Certified Developer in XML and related technologies.
- XML technical library: See the developerWorks XML Zone for a wide range of technical articles and tips, tutorials, standards, and IBM Redbooks.
- developerWorks technical events and webcasts: Stay current with technology in these upcoming sessions.
podcasts: Listen to interesting interviews and discussions for software developers.
Get products and technologies
- Apache Pivot 1.3: Download the best available version.
- Source code for the demo application: Get the source code for the demo application that is distributed with the platform.
- The Apache Software License, Version 2.0: Review the licensing information that all code samples are released.
- iTunes Store Web Service search API: Get a description of the complete API.
- A handy utility (written in Pivot) for browsing: Visually browse the (somewhat verbose) response content of a JSON structure using a TreeView component. It requires the Java 6 SDK.
- Java 6 SDK: Download a preview version.
- IBM product evaluation versions: Download or explore the online trials in the IBM SOA Sandbox and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
- XML zone discussion forums: Participate in any of several XML-related discussions.
- developerWorks blogs: Check out these blogs and get involved in the developerWorks community.