This tutorial is the first part of a three-part tutorial series designed specifically for those interested in taking the IBM Certified Solution Developer exam for XML and Related Technologies.
The first two parts cover XML technologies that are fundamental to the exam, while the third part covers the objectives of the actual exam in detail.
In all the three tutorials, each section of the main lesson includes:
- An example that illustrates the theory covered in the section
- An exercise for testing your skills
- An exam tip that relates to the topics covered in the section
Note: The XML topics covered in each section of the tutorial pertain specifically to the XML certification exam and are not intended to be a comprehensive overview of XML or its related technologies.
The XML certification exam offered by IBM tests the user's knowledge of XML and various XML-related technologies.
The exam covers the following topics:
- Web services
- W3C XML Schema
- XML security
It is one of only a few certifications available for XML. Unlike other certifications, the XML exam requires you to not only understand these technologies, but also be able to apply them to solve real-world situations. As a result, most of the questions in the XML exam are scenario-based questions in which you are expected to choose the most appropriate solution for a given scenario. This makes it more challenging than other exams.
In particular, preparation for this exam should emphasize the importance of practice; anyone seriously considering XML certification should have broad experience with XML-related products and technologies.
For more information on the exam, visit the information page for the IBM XML certification exam where you'll find:
- Details on the job role and target audience for whom the certification was built
- Recommended prerequisites for the knowledge and skills one should possess before considering this certification
- The test objectives and the skills measured by the exam
- Recommended educational resources to prepare you for the test, based on the test objectives
- A pre-assessment/sample test to gauge your readiness for the actual exam
Note: This tutorial was produced by an independent (non-IBM) organization, and is not necessarily endorsed by the IBM Certification Team.
For general information about the IBM Professional Certification Program, visit http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/.