This white paper explores three event-driven graphical user interface (GUI) patterns using the ZK Java AJAX framework; specifically, "Passive View," "Supervising Controller" and "Presentation Model." The patterns are discussed in the context of a simple screen implemented three times using each of the three patterns.
In this white paper
- Example UI
- Implementing the Passive View
- Implementing the Presentation Model
- Implementing the Supervising Controller
- Comparing the patterns
- Author biographies
|White paper in PDF format||GUIPatterns_ZK_Java_Article_Final.pdf||302 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- The ZkToDo2 project, which is the sample code for this article.
- developerWorks article, " Rich Internet applications using ZK."
- developerWorks article, " Enhance Ajax development with a fusion of jQuery, ZK, and Java code."
- developerWorks WebSphere Portal zone.
- Free ZK download.
- ZK MVC.
- ZK Developer's Reference/MVVM/Data Binding.