Starting with version 6.1, IBM® WebSphere® Application Server leverages a component called Virtual Member Manager (VMM) to manage information about users, user profiles, and user groups. VMM offers a specific Service Provider Interface (SPI),
com.ibm.wsspi.wim.Repository, to connect VMM with user repositories that VMM does not support out of the box. This white paper explains how to implement a Repository instance as part of a custom WebSphere Portal configuration.
In this article
- WebSphere Portal's use of VMM
- VMM Overview
- Implementing a custom repository
- Setting up a custom repository
- Tips and tricks
- Verifying your implementation
- The File Repository sample adapter
- About the authors
|Custom User Repository white paper in PDF format||CustomUserRepositoryFinal.pdf||267 KB|
|Sample adapter code in JAR format||FileRepositorySampleAdapter.jar||97 KB|
|Sample code to test repository in ZIP format||RepositoryTest.zip||2 KB|
|Portal configuration file in XML format||UserRepository.xml||7 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- developerWorks article, "IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal: Expand your user registry options with a federated repository in WebSphere Application Server V6.1."
WebSphere Application Server information center, JavaDoc™ for
- WebSphere Portal information center, "Planning your user registry” topic
- developerWorks WebSphere product page.