This white paper explains the steps required to migrate an IBM WebSphere® Portal V6.1 database to WebSphere Portal V7 by using the IBM DB2® Administration Tool (DAT) for DB2 Universal Database™ on z/OS®. We focus on the DB2 migration utility, job execution, and troubleshooting the issues that we encountered, targeting users who need detailed knowledge of the DAT migration solution and how the tool works with WebSphere Portal.
- Overview of the planned migration
- Perform a RUNSTATS against the WebSphere Portal database
- Backing up the target WebSphere Portal 6.1 database
- Perform a RUNSTATS against the new database
- Compare stats for both databases
- Repair table spaces in Copy Pend state
- Troubleshooting tips
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||PortalDATMigrationFinal.pdf||467 KB||HTTP|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
IBM DB2 Tools information.
WebSphere Portal Server Version 7.0 Product Documentation.
developerWorks WebSphere Portal zone.
WebSphere Portal Family wiki.
Adrian B. Jordan currently works as a Staff Software Quality Engineer on the WebSphere Portal System Verification Test (SVT) team. He tests several areas of the product, focusing primarily on WebSphere Portal Server migration.