By Walter Haenel, Marie Knight and Wolfgang Reibert
IBM WebSphere® Portal 7.0 exposes many integration capabilities, including multiple ways to integrate with the workflow system of IBM WebSphere Process Server. One of the integration possibilities is using the Enterprise Java™ Bean (EJB) API, which requires the installation of the WebSphere Process Server Client on WebSphere Portal. The integration is supported by an out-of-the-box Task List Portlet. This white paper provides detailed instructions for configuring and setting up this integration between WebSphere Portal 7.0 and WebSphere Process Server.
In this article
- Overview of the planned integration
- Installing prerequisites on the WebSphere Portal server
- Enabling communication between the servers
- Configuring the portal pages and portlets
- Verifying the setup of process integration
- Federating a process-e nabled portal server
- Detailed instructions with graphics
- Installing the standalone WPS
- Sample properties for a cross-cell setup
- Troubleshooting tips
- Namespace binding
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||IntegratingWithWPSv7Final.pdf||1,010 KB|
|Sample application in EAR format||TravelBookingApp.ear||20 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- WebSphere Application Server Version 7.0 Information Center.
- WebSphere Process Server Information Center: Installing enterprise application files with the console.
- Feature Pack for XML, Version 1.0.
- Feature Pack for SCA, Version 1.0.1.
- WebSphere Process Server Information Center.
- WebSphere Process Server Info Center: Installing the Software.
- IBM Support Technote #1299450, "Improving the performance of complex BPC API queries on DB2."
- IBM Installation Manager Download.
- IBM Installation Manager 1.4 Information Center.