IBM Web Experience Factory, formerly WebSphere® Portlet Factory, is a rapid application development environment that enables you to develop Java™-based portlets. Use IBM Web Experience Factory to streamline the portlet development process and to speed IBM WebSphere Portal deployments. Here you will find technical resources to help you get the most out of IBM Web Experience Factory.
Learn how to build an IBM Web Experience Factory portlet that creates PDF files on the fly, using XSL files (*.fo) and the Apache Formatting Objects Processor (FOP) library. More >
- IBM Web Experience Factory V8.0 delivers new capabilities for integrated social, contextual, and optimized multichannel online experiences
Web Experience Factory V8.0 provides an exceptional development environment that helps you optimize mobile experiences, reduce reliance on bandwidth, improve user experience on smartphones and tablets, and improve developer productivity.
- Resetting State of IBM Web Experience Factory portlets
IBM Web Experience Factory (formerly WebSphere Portlet Factory) is a powerful and flexible development tool that allows developers to rapidly build, customize, and deploy portlets to IBM WebSphere Portal. As a user navigates across various portal pages, WebSphere Portal server maintains the current state of the Web Experience Factory portlets and caches their view state.
- Managing exceptions in IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
Learn how to build an exception management-and-handling methodology in IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1.x. We explain run time exceptions and an exception that the code throws, depending on the code logic, and how to pass it from the business layer to the user interface layer.
- Using WebSphere Portlet Factory to integrate Lotus Connections with WebSphere Portal
Use the REST Service Call builder in WebSphere Portlet Factory to access, display, manipulate data from Lotus Connections services.
- Creating complex portlet Personalize pages using the WebSphere Portlet Factory Customizer builder
Learn how to use the WebSphere Portlet Factory Customizer builder to rapidly build a user interface for portlet configure and edit modes.
- Accessing Lotus Quickr REST services using WebSphere Portlet Factory
Learn how to use WebSphere Portlet Factory builders to easily interact with Lotus Quickr REST services with minimal coding.
- Tutorial: Implementing a human-centric application using WebSphere Portlet Factory
Learn how to implement an end-to-end Web- or portal-based human-centric business process application with IBM WebSphere Integration Developer, WebSphere Portlet Factory, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Application Server, and WebSphere Portal.
- Integrating WebSphere Portlet Factory with Portal Document Manager
WebSphere Portlet Factory V 6.0.1 provides builders for creating, retrieving, updating, and deleting content in Portal Document Manager.
- Leveraging the new Ajax features in IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory gives you a toolset to speed development. Use builders to simplify the addition of Ajax-like features to your portlets. Follow along with a sample portlet application.
- IBM Web Experience Factory wiki
- IBM Web Experience Factory Community
- IBM Web Experience Factory - Best Practices forum
- IBM Web Experience Factory - Databases and Data Sources
- IBM Web Experience Factory - Getting Started (Installation, Configuration and Deployment)
- IBM Web Experience Factory - Legacy Bowstreet Forum Posts