Before you start
This series is for novices who want high-level overviews of various IBM software products. The modules are designed to introduce the products and draw your interest for further exploration. The exercises only cover the basic concepts, but are enough to get you started.
This tutorial provides introductory product information, basic concepts of ESB, and a hands-on exercise that demonstrates how to build a mediation module for protocol transformation using Service Component Architecture and WebSphere Integration Developer.
After completing this tutorial, you should understand:
- The basic concepts of ESB
- How to build message flow for protocol transformation using SCA
- How to use Integration Test Client in WebSphere Integration Developer
- How to generate a Web Service proxy and sample JSP pages
This tutorial is designed for developers with minimum or no knowledge of WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus.
Before starting this tutorial, make sure WebSphere Integration Developer V126.96.36.199 is installed. Learn about this product at http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/wid/.
If this is your first encounter with a developerWorks tutorial that includes demos, here are a few helpful hints:
- Demos are an optional way to see the same steps described in the tutorial. To see an animated demo, click the Show me link. The demo opens in a new browser window.
- Each demo contains a navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Use the navigation bar to pause, exit, rewind, or fast forward portions of the demo.
- The demos are 800 x 600 pixels. If this is the maximum resolution of your screen, or if your resolution is lower than this, scrolling is necessary to see some areas of the demo.