About this tutorial
This tutorial provides instructions on how to integrate enterprise applications using IBM WebSphere Adapters with Process Center. WebSphere Adapters are pre-built software integration components compliant with Java™ Connector Architecture 1.5 (JCA). They provide bi-directional connectivity between Enterprise Information System (EIS) and business applications through configuration only and no coding approach. They can run on multiple runtimes such as IBM Process Center, IBM Process Server, WebSphere Message Broker, and so on.
WebSphere Technology Adapters include Adapters for Email, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Flat Files, FTP, IBM i, JDBC, and Lotus Domino. WebSphere Application Adapters include adapters for JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne, Oracle® E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft® Enterprise, SAP® Software, and Siebel® business applications.
In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- Configuring Process Center, which includes the prerequisites, the procedure for creating profiles, connecting to Process Center from IBM Integration Designer, and adding the Process Center server into the Integration Designer servers view.
- Working with Process Center, which includes integrating WebSphere Adapter inbound module with process applications, outbound module with toolkits, and snapshots, respectively.
You need prior knowledge about configuring inbound and outbound modules with WebSphere Adapters and a basic knowledge of the respective Enterprise Information Systems.
- IBM Integration Designer V8.0 (formerly called WebSphere Integration Developer)
- WebSphere Adapter V18.104.22.168 (any adapter)
- IBM Business Process Manager V8.0
The estimated time to complete this tutorial is 3 hours.