Before you start
IBM® WebSphere® Adapters accelerate integration projects with a comprehensive set of JCA-compliant, platform-based capabilities to service-enable your assets within Enterprise Information Systems. This tutorial describes a business case in which WebSphere Adapter for Siebel Business Applications (hereafter called WebSphere Siebel Adapter) is used to service-enable Siebel Business Applications and create standard, reusable application interface points.
This tutorial describes a business case in which an organization needs to synchronize service requests from a Siebel system into a client application. The tutorial will help you create a module using WebSphere Siebel Adapter to synchronize the Service Request data. Service Request is a business object in the Siebel system that tracks customer queries and interactions.
This tutorial shows you how to complete the following tasks::
- Create and configure a Siebel SCA module
- Configure a Siebel server
- Deploy and test the module
- Gain a better overall understanding of the Siebel Adapter via a list of FAQs.
To benefit from this tutorial, you should have some familiarity with Siebel server concepts, and with IBM Integration Designer or IBM Business Process Manager.
The following products and assets are required for you to configure and deploy the module:
- IBM Integration Designer V7.5 or IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 Advanced Edition
- IBM Process Server V7.5
- WebSphere Adapter for Siebel Business Applications V7.5
- Access to a Siebel system with permission to create objects
- Siebel library files