Before you start
This tutorial provides various ways that you can monitor the polling thread of a WebSphere Java™ 2 Connector (J2C) adapter in a WebSphere Process Server environment.
The objectives of this tutorial are to show that:
- You can use Performance Metrics
Infrastructure (PMI) metrics to monitor the adapter polling thread only
in the following scenarios:
- The adapter is packaged and deployed with the SCA module which uses only one adapter SCA export component for that adapter type.
- There is only one SCA module with one adapter SCA export component that uses a specific adapter type.
- You can use J2C message endpoint monitoring in all scenarios where the adapter is packaged and deployed for inbound data processing.
- When you monitor via common base event (CBE) and tracing, it has a negative impact on performance and should only be used tactically.
To follow the steps in this tutorial, you need WebSphere Integration Developer V7 to view the SCA module code where a WebSphere J2C adapter is used. You also need an installation of WebSphere Process Server for polling thread monitoring and testing. For monitoring and testing, use the WebSphere Process Server test environment available with WebSphere Integration Developer.
- WebSphere Integration Developer V7
- WebSphere Process Server V7 test environment that comes with WebSphere Integration Developer