Part 5. Creating application patterns in Workload Deployer
In the previous two parts of the tutorial, you created a skeletal application pattern in Rational Application Developer and published it to Workload Deployer. While this is a convenient way to quickly wrap a new application pattern around existing projects in your workspace, it is more common to create application patterns in Workload Deployer with the full power of the Virtual Application Builder.
In this part of the tutorial, you create a new web application pattern in Workload Deployer.
- In the Workload Deployer dashboard under Virtual Application Patterns, click the New button to open the Create Application dialog and begin creating a new application pattern.
- In the Create Application dialog, select Web Application Pattern Type 2.0.
- Select Blank Application.
- Click Start Building. After a few moments, the Virtual Application Builder opens.
- In the Virtual Application Builder, under the Assets pane, expand Application Components if it is not already expanded.
- Drag and drop the Web Application component from
the Assets pane onto the canvas as shown in Figure 20.
Figure 20. Creating a new Web Application Component
- In the properties pane for the new component, observe the WAR File field is blank. Leave it and the other controls as they are.
- Click Save to open the Save Application dialog.
- In the Name field, replace any default text by
the name of
- Click OK.
- Close the Virtual Application Builder. Leave the Workload Deployer dashboard open.