Part 9. Updating the source code
In this part of the tutorial, you make a normal change to a normal source file, then publish the change to Workload Deployer.
- In Rational Application Developer, in the Enterprise Explorer,
expand and right-click on AjaxHello_WEB > WebContent
> index.html and select Open to
open the Page Designer as shown in Figure 31.
Figure 31. Editing the Web application
- In the Page Designer, make a change to any visible aspect of the
For example, delete the first couple words of the title (
Ajax: Hello!), then select the remaining title text and press Ctrl-i to apply italics.
- Select File > Save or press Ctrl-s to save your changes.
- In the Rational Application Developer servers view, confirm the
state and status of AjaxHelloWeb changes to
- Right-click on the Workload Deployer server and select
Rational Application Developer dispatches operations to Workload Deployer to update Web Application component of the virtual application pattern and the deployed virtual application instance. This takes several seconds to complete, although the capacity of your cloud hardware pool has a bearing on how rapidly the update operations complete. On completion, the state and status of AjaxHelloWeb changes to
- In the browser, refresh the Web page for the AjaxHelloWeb application, and confirm that your changes to the title text appear.