Verify the solution with REST HTTP client
- Expand RESTClient > src >
com.ibm.simple.bankapp.client. Right click
RESTHTTPClient.java and select
Open (Figure 49).
Figure 49. Select and Open RESTHTTPClient for editing
- Update the String variable “port” with the port number for your
Application Server runtime (Figure 50).
Figure 50. RESTHTTPClient code update
- Right click RESTHTTPClient.java and select
Run As > Java Application (Figure 51).
Figure 51. Launch RESTHTTPClient
- The output from the test client is shown in the file TextFiles > RESTHTTPClientOutput.txt under downloads. NOTE: Server Side code will throw an Application Exception that Account does not exist when the test client verifies that an account has been deleted (see TextFiles > ServerRuntimeOutput.txt)
- When testing and validation is complete, in the Server View right click Server > Stop.
This completes the steps required to verify the successful deployment of the legacy bank application’s JAX-RS 1.1 REST Service to a WebSphere Application Server runtime environment configured in Software Architect.