Import the legacy application code and supporting services (XML and JSON Helpers)
This section outlines the steps to import the code supplied as part of the solution.
- Start Rational Software Architect V8.0 and create a new workspace.
- If prompted to configure your workspace with an existing Runtime
Environment and Profile Setting, click Cancel (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Configuring the WebSphere Application Server dialog
- To open the Java EE perspective select Window > Open Perspective > Other.
- Check the Show all check box, and then select Java EE and click OK.
- If prompted to Confirm Enablement of new
capabilities, check the Always enable activities
and don’t ask me again box and then click OK
Figure 3. Confirm Enablement dialog
- Download the
devWorks_LegacyBankAppArtifacts.ziparchive file provided in the Downloads section into a directory location of your choice. The following files are contained in the archive file:
File Name Description JAXRS-RESTService_devWorks.zip Contains the Legacy Bank App, Legacy Wrapper Service Projects, and the RESTClient for verifying the solution. Files containing code and log snippets are in the TextFiles project. JAXRS-RESTService_solution_devWorks.zip Contains the completed solution ready for deployment to a WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Runtime Environment
- Select File > Import and in the Import dialog
select General > Existing Projects Into Workspace
and then click Next (Figure 4).
Figure 4. Import: Select Import Type dialog
- Click on Select archive file bullet and then click on Browse.
- Browse to the location of the extracted downloads, select the
LegacyBankAppCode.zipfile and then click Open.
- Verify all the required projects are located (Figure 5) and then
Figure 5. Import: Import Projects dialog
The projects and files imported into the workspace are shown in Figure 6 and consist of the following:
- LegacyBankApp. Java project that contains the legacy bank application code
- LegacyBankAppWrapperService. Java project that contains the Wrapper service which invokes the legacy bank application code. The JAX-RS framework will invoke methods on this class.
- RESTClient/ Java project that contains a test client for verifying the solution.
Figure 6. Projects and files imported into workspace
This completes the steps required to import the legacy application code artifacts used by the legacy bank application’s JAX-RS 1.1 REST Service.