This 2-part tutorial series describes installing and clustering of WebSphere Process Server V7 (hereafter called Process Server). Part 1 deals with the installation and setup of Process Server. Part 2 will deal with clustering using a Golden topology deployment environment pattern. Throughout the tutorial, the tasks will be performed in a non-GUI or silent mode. The tutorial is developed based on field experiences working with installation and clustering problems and is a valuable reference to users adopting Process Server V7.
You can achieve clustering in non-GUI mode by using commands provided in the Process Server installation. The most optimal and quickest method is explained to create the Process Server clustered environment using deployment environments. This is done by commands provided with Process Server to create, configure, and generate the deployment environment. We will also use the DBDesignGenerator tool available with Process Server to configure the database design for the profiles and the deployment environment generation.
The tutorial is divided into the following sections:
- Knowledge of basic administration of WebSphere Process Server
- Knowledge of network deployment concepts of WebSphere Application Server
- Familiarity with WebSphere Application Server scripting
- A Linux machine with 8 GB of RAM was used for this exercise.
- WebSphere Process Server V184.108.40.206
Approximately 2 hours