Before you start
PayPal is one of the most well-known worldwide payment service providers. The flow for PayPal is different from traditional payment gateways, such as Visanet®. During shopping, an online store redirects the shopper to the PayPal web site to process the payment. PayPal Express Checkout is PayPal's premier checkout solution, which streamlines the checkout process for buyers and keeps them on the merchant's site after making a purchase.
This tutorial will demonstrate how to use PayPal Express Checkout to process payment in the Madisons starter store of WebSphere Commerce V220.127.116.11. However, you can apply the same principles for later versions, other punch-out payment service providers, and other store types.
- Learn about the PayPal flow.
- Learn how to integrate PayPal with WebSphere Commerce V18.104.22.168 or later.
- Learn the principles about integrating punch-out payment service providers with WebSphere Commerce.
You need to be familiar with the following:
- WebSphere Commerce development
- WebSphere Commerce command model
- WebSphere Commerce payment framework
- Web 2.0 and web services
WebSphere Commerce Toolkit V22.214.171.124 or later
This tutorial provides the following zip files that you can download: