Installing Tivoli Directory Server V6.3
The assumption is that you have a DB2 installation and an instance of WebSphere Application Server (hereafter called Application Server).
Note: Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 server is not supported on Windows XP. You may use a Windows server or a Linux machine.
- Go to the TDS source folder, <TDS_SOURCE>/TDS/tds. Invoke install_tds.exe. After the Welcome screen and the license agreement, the Tivoli Directory Server installation wizard detects the DB2 instance on the system.
- Choose Custom installation as shown in Figure 1 because
you will not be installing all of the features.
Figure 1. Tivoli Directory Server installation type choices
- You can de-select Embedded WebSphere Application Server
from the feature list as shown in Figure 2 because you will use an
existing instance of Application Server. DB2 should
already be unselected.
Figure 2. Tivoli Directory Server installation features
- The Tivoli Directory Server install wizard detects any and all Application Server instances.
- From the list of instance it picked up, we decided to use the
embedded AppServer under Lombardi Edition V7.2, as shown in Figure
Figure 3. Choosing WebSphere Application Server
- On the Summary screen, click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish. You will notice that the Tivoli Directory Server Instance Administration Tool is being launched.
The next step is to create a directory server instance and an administrator for that instance.