WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2 (hereafter called Lombardi Edition) offers better integration options to WebSphere Process Server, iLOG, FileNet, and DB2®. A Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server is a directory repository that stores user information (such as user IDs and passwords) and authenticates users. This tutorial shows how to configure global security in Lombardi Edition using an LDAP server. This enables enterprise users in the LDAP to log in and use the various applications in Lombardi Edition and allows the IT department better access control. The LDAP server used in this example is Tivoli Directory Server V6.3, which is using DB2 as its database.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure Tivoli Directory Server.
- Create and import an LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) file.
- Configure WebSphere security using federated repositories.
You need to be familiar with:
- WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2
- An LDAP server and LDAP schema
- A relational database system like DB2
You need WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2 running on a distributed platform with access to DB2 V9.7.1. You have the option to install Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 on a Windows® server or a Linux platform.