Before you start
This tutorial takes you through step-by-step instructions on migrating a WebSphere Commerce V5.6.1 cluster to a WebSphere Commerce V7.0 cluster. You will learn about remotely migrating WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Manager from V5.1 to V7.0, remotely migrating WebSphere Application Server federated nodes from V5.1 to V7.0, the migration process for the Websphere Commerce database and application, and how to configure the migrated WebSphere Commerce system.
- Migrate Websphere Application Server Deployment Manager V5.1 to V7.0.
- Back up and restore the WebSphere Commerce V5.6.1 configuration.
- Migrate additional federated nodes from V5.1 to V7.
- Install WebSphere Commerce V7.0.
- Migrate WebSphere Commerce database using the WebSphere Commerce Migration Wizard.
- Migrate WebSphere Commerce main node to V7.0 using the WebSphere Commerce Migration wizard.
- Configure the Web server.
You need to be familiar with:
- WebSphere Application Server installation and migration
- WebSphere Commerce installation and migration
- Database backup and restore
- Web server configuration
To follow the examples in this tutorial, you need a WebSphere Commerce V5.6.1 clustered environment.
Approximately 14.5 hours:
- 0.5 hour: Backing up the WebSphere Commerce V6 configuration
- 0.5 hour: Installing WebSphere Application Server V7 Network Deployment Manager
- 2 hours: Migrating WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager from V5.1 to V7
- 2 hours: Migrating the WebSphere Application Server federated node from V5.1 to V7
- 4 hours: Installing WebSphere Commerce V7
- 4 hours: Migrating the database and application
- 1 hour: Configuring the Web server
- 0.5 hour: Restoring the WebSphere Commerce V5.6.1 configuration