Before you start
In Part 1 of this series, we introduced the basic concepts and usage of CICS event processing support. In this part, we introduce a business application that uses CICS event processing. We will use this application to design business scenarios and use CICS event processing with our existing business logic. We also show how to consume CICS events with WebSphere Business Events.
- Apply CICS event processing in existing business scenarios.
- Send CICS events using Websphere MQ.
- Use WebSphere Business Events to consume CICS events.
You should be familiar with the basics of the CICS API.
To implement the tasks listed in this tutorial, you need:
- A Microsoft® Windows® machine.
- A CICS region created on CICS TS 4.1.
- The CICS Event Binding Editor.
- Websphere MQ Explorer v6.0 or above installed on your machine.
- Websphere MQ v6.0 or above installed on a z/OS machine.
- Websphere Business Events v6.2 or above installed on your machine.