Start the Integration Developer and import the project
In this section you will import the archive file you exported from WebSphere Business Modeler (hereafter referred to as Business Modeler) at the end of Part 1. To import the project do the following:
- Start the WebSphere Integration Developer V6.1.2 (hereafter referred to as Integration Developer). The Welcome screen appears.
- To close this view click Go to the Business Integration
perspective located in the top right corner of the screen.
Figure 1. The Business Integration perspective
- Select Import… from the File menu.
Figure 2. Importing a project interchange file
- Select Other => Project Interchange.
Figure 3. Selecting the import source
- Click Next.
- Click Browse.
- Select the zip file provided with this tutorial (see Downloads) or use the one you created at the end of part 1.
- Click Select All.
Figure 4. Importing the project
- Click Finish.
Examine the Business Integration view. There are three projects
generated by modeler:
the implementation of the process,
HRProject_impl contains the implementation
of the services used by the process,
HRProject_lib contains the reusable
artifacts (such as interfaces and data types).
After clicking Finish the project is imported to the workspace. Take a look at the process.
- Click the plus sign (from now on we will refer to this as open) in front of the HRProject.
- Open Business Logic > Processes > processes/hrprocess.
- Double-click HRProcess to open it.
Figure 5. Reviewing the HRProcess artifacts
Human tasks are generated for the tasks marked as such in Business Modeler. The other tasks are transformed to BPEL invoke activities. The decision is transformed to Links with transition expression. The Business Items are transformed to XSD (Data types). An interface is generated for each of the invoke activities based on the inputs and outputs of the corresponding task. Repositories are transformed to BPEL variables.