Before you start
This series of four tutorials covers basic use of the complete IBM WebSphere business process management (BPM) software suite for the service oriented architecture (SOA) environment. Using an example business process, it describes how to model, implement, execute, and monitor the process. It helps you to understand the BPM life cycle proposed by IBM and discover how IBM products support that life cycle.
Part 1 of this series introduced an example human resource process (hiring a new employee). You modeled the process using WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced and exported it for deployment to WebSphere Process Server. In part 2 you implement and extend the process using WebSphere Integration Developer. Part 2 demonstrates how to implement services in Java and consume them in the process, how to access a database directly from a business process, and how to use human interaction and simple control flow patterns.
- Basic knowledge of Eclipse technology.
- Intermediate understanding of application integration concepts and technology, including Service Component Architecture (SCA), Service Data Object (SDO), and Business Process Execution Language (BPEL).
- IBM WebSphere Integration Developer V6.1.2
- IBM WebSphere Integration Developer Information Server Plug-in
- Lotus Forms Server V3.0.1 – API
- Lotus Forms Viewer V3.0.1