This article provides an overview of how to secure a business integration system based on WebSphere® Process Server v6.
In this article
- You learn the requirements for WebSphere Process Server security.
- You learn how WebSphere Process Server leverages security features of WebSphere Application Server v6.
- You learn how to secure WebSphere Process Server components.
The security requirements for business integration are the same as that for any enterprise system: authentication, access control, integrity and privacy, and single sign on. WebSphere Process Server is built on WebSphere Application Server, which supports all these requirements. WebSphere Process Server is used in environments characterized by Web service and SOAP communication. Asynchronous messaging and WS-Security can address security in such an environment. This article also discusses securing the Service Integration Bus, which is important to the overall security of your environment.
|Article in PDF format||0602_khangaonkar.pdf ( HTTP | FTP )||538 KB|
|Code samples||wpssec-samples.zip ( HTTP | FTP )||52 KB|
- WebSphere Application Server Information Center: Read about security topics in WebSphere Application Server, including how to setup and configure.
- WebSphere Business Process Management v6 Information Center: Read about WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Integration Developer.
- Tivoli Information Center: Read about Tivoli® Access Manager and other Tivoli products.
- WebSphere Process Choreographer: Read about Process Choreographer staff resolution.
- WebSphere Application Server v6 advanced security hardening: This article covers security hardening for WebSphere Application Server V6.
- developerWorks WebSphere Business Integration zone: Get in-depth technical and how-to information about WebSphere Business Integration products.