These packages define a major portion of the IBM WebSphere® Portal and Lotus® Web Content Management V6.0 and V6.1 programming model; specifically, the application and system programming interfaces, or APIs and SPIs. Use these interfaces in portlets and other applications that integrate with WebSphere Portal Lotus Web Content Management.
The WebSphere Portal programming model is an extension of the J2EE programming model. Developers use it to implement Web applications that leverage the rich set of WebSphere Portal platform capabilities. These include aggregation and integration of components into page hierarchies, flexible navigation, content and application aggregation, branding, customization, personalization, content management, document management, search, and so on.
The WebSphere Portal programming model consists of various APIs, SPIs, JSP Taglibs, Eclipse plug-points, and descriptors that let you customize the aggregation steps at different levels. The downloads define the application programming interfaces (APIs) and system programming interfaces (SPIs).
|Portal V220.127.116.11 and V6.1.5 API Javadoc||portal_6103_api_docs.zip||4,578 KB|
|Portal V18.104.22.168 and V6.1.5 SPI Javadoc||portal_6103_spi_docs.zip||2,540 KB|
|Portal V22.214.171.124 and V6.1.5 Personalization Javadoc||portal_6103_Personalization.zip||537 KB|
|Portal V6.1 API Javadoc||portal_61api.zip||3,930 KB|
|Portal V6.1 SPI Javadoc||portal_61spi.zip||2,180 KB|
|Portal V6.1 Web 2.0 Javadoc||portal_61js.zip||62 KB|
|Portal V6.01 API Javadoc||portal_601api.zip||1,450 KB|
|Portal V6.01 SPI Javadoc||portal_601spi.zip||1,623 KB|
|Portal V6 API Javadoc||portal_60api.zip||1,366 KB|
|Portal V6 SPI Javadoc||portal_60spi.zip||1,296 KB|
|Web Content Management V6.1.5 API Javadoc||wcm-6-1-5-api-javadoc.zip||474 KB|
|Web Content Management V126.96.36.199 API Javadoc||wcm-6-1-0-1-api-javadoc.zip||474 KB|
|Web Content Management V6.0 API Javadoc||wcm-6-0-api-javadoc.zip||386 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- What's new in WebSphere Portal V6? WebSphere Portal leaders walk through key features in this version, including an overview of the enhancements to the programming model.
- Introducing the WebSphere Portal V6 Content API. Discusses how to use this additional V6 API, which is available as a tech preview, to build custom applications that use documents and other content stored in Portal Document Manager libraries.
- Leveraging WebSphere Portal V6 programming model. This article series describes the major additions to the Version 6 WebSphere Portal programming model in detail and shows you how to use them in your own applications.
- WebSphere Portal zone. Provides an ever-growing, wide variety of technical resources for learning about and using WebSphere Portal.
- WebSphere Portal product documentation. Provides fast access to the most current level of documentation for all releases and editions of WebSphere Portal, including the WebSphere Portal V6 InfoCenter.