The console module samples demonstrate how to develop applications that plug in to the WebSphere Application Server administrative console. They demonstrate how to create modules as standard portlets based on JSR 168, how to define navigation, layout, and security for the modules using the Portal Application Archive descriptors, and how to use APIs for launching pages, passing properties to other console modules, and launching Eclipse-based help. These samples require WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1.
The hardware requirements for these samples are the same as for WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1.
The software requirements for the console module samples are WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1, and any prerequisite software that it requires.
These samples run on all operating systems that are supported by WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1. They have been tested on the following platforms:
- AIX V5.2 and V 5.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS V3.0 for IA, PPC, S/390, zSeries
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS V4.0 for IA, PPC, S/390, zSeries
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES V3.0 for IA
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES V4.0 for IA
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server V8 for IA, PPS, S/390, zSeries
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server V9 for IA, PPS, S/390, zSeries
- SUN Solaris V9
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
To install the console module samples, download the ZIP file and extract it to a directory of your choice. Open the readme.txt file and follow the instructions provided to deploy these samples to your WebSphere Application Server V6.1 installation.
|Console Module Samples||was61_iscsamples.zip||70 KB||FTP|HTTP|