Download a free version of IBM® WebSphere® Adapter Toolkit, which lets customers and business partners develop
custom J2EE Connector Architecture (JCA) adapters to meet unique business requirements. The toolkit helps to create
either a basic JCA 1.5 adapter, or an adapter that leverages the additional
capabilities of the Adapter Foundation Classes utilized by WebSphere Adapters.
The Eclipse-based toolkit includes the following:
- A wizard to create a connector project including the Java™ code for the appropriate adapter classes.
- The Adapter Foundation Classes that provide a consistent implementation for WebSphere Adapters based on JCA 1.5.
- A graphical Resource Adapter Deployment Descriptor Editor to ease creation and modification of the resource adapter deployment descriptor file.
- Two sample adapters and associated enterprise applications are provided with source.
- The Twineball sample adapter, which leverages the Adapter Foundation Classes implements the Enterprise Metadata Discovery (EMD) specification
for wizard-driven configuration and the Data Exchange Service Provider Interface (DESPI) contracts for exchanging data efficiently.
- The KiteString sample adapter, based directly on the JCA 1.5 and EMD interface specifications, implements the Enterprise Metadata Discovery
(EMD) specification for wizard-driven configuration and the javax.resource.cci.Record
interface for exchanging data.
IBM WebSphere Adapter Toolkit is provided as a no-fee download from IBM developerWorks to customers and business partners who secure licenses
to WebSphere Integration Developer and Rational Application Developer.
IBM WebSphere Visual Test Adapter is a sample Adapter developed by using WebSphere Adapter Toolkit V6.2. You can use it as a reference to develop a new adapter with WebSphere Adapter Toolkit. WebSphere Visual Test Adapter can also help enable customers and business partners to develop an end-to-end SOA solution more quickly and smoothly. WebSphere Visual Test Adapter simplifies the configuration of WebSphere Adapters and related Enterprise Information System.
Two components are included:
- EIS Mocker: A GUI tool that simulates the behaviors of the Enterprise Information System to which the JCA-Compliant Adapter connects.
- JCA-Compliant Adapter: A JCA-Compliant Adapter developed by using WebSphere Adapter Toolkit V6.2. It can simulate and replace the WebSphere Adapters in the end-to-end solution, which lets you develop and test the end-to-end solution more easily.
- WebSphere Adapter Toolkit V6.2
- WebSphere Integration Developer Version 6.2
- Rational Application Developer 7.5.1
- WebSphere Adapter Toolkit V6.1
- WebSphere Integration Developer Version 6.1
- WebSphere Adapter Toolkit V6.0.2
- WebSphere Integration Developer Version V6.0.2
- Register for and install WebSphere Adapter Toolkit.
- Start WebSphere Integration Developer or Rational Application Developer.
- Select Help => Help Contents from the menu bar.
- Select WebSphere Adapter Toolkit Documentation.
- Click on the User guide link to view the documentation.
For additional information on WebSphere Adapter development,
including implementation through deployment, please see the Redbook: WebSphere
Adapter Foundation Classes Utility Tool
The Adapter Foundation Classes Utility Tool can help you add or
update the Adapter Foundation Class Jar file located inside
your current adapter RAR file. The Adapter Foundation Classes
Utility Tool Wizard and the User Guide are located in the
<WID Install Location>/plugins /com.ibm.j2ca.wat.afc_6.X/AFCUtility/disk1
This product is available in English.
Browse the Support page for self-help resources.