IBM® WebSphere® Voice Toolkit is an enhanced collection of technologies for creating sophisticated voice applications.
The WebSphere Voice Toolkit is an enhanced collection of technologies for creating sophisticated voice applications. It is powered by Eclipse technology and makes it easy to develop VoiceXML applications without having to know the internals of voice technology:
Product features of WebSphere Voice Toolkit include:
It has a number of key features:
|Windows XP Professional||Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3) |
|System suitable for running Windows XP or
Windows 7 Professional.|
System suitable for running Eclipse V3.7
Minimum of an Intel(R) Pentium(R) III 800 MHz processor or equivalent (1.0 GHz recommended)
A display adapter setting of at least 256 colors and 1024x768 resolution or higher
Sound card and speakers for audio playback
800 MB minimum free disk space (in addition to the disk space requirement for RAD/RWD/RSA), plus additional space for the installation options selected by the user
For installation, an additional 800 MB temporary space on the drive specified in your user's TMP environment variable.
|Windows 7 Professional||Microsoft Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)|
Important: If you have already installed the WebSphere Voice Toolkit, you must uninstall it before reinstalling. To do this, follow the steps in Uninstalling.
To install the WebSphere Voice Toolkit V6.2:
- If you have not already done so, download the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers V3.7.1 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads, and install it. (You can use other editions of Eclipse V3.7.1, but if you do so, you all must import the WST plugins required by the WebSphere Voice Toolkit.)
- Download the .zip file. See the Downloads section.
- Start an instance of Eclipse.
- Click Help->Install New Software to display the Install window.
- Ensure that sure the Group items by category box is unchecked.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Repository window that is then displayed, click Archive and select the location of the .zip file that you downloaded in Step 2.
- Click OK to display a window similar to the following:
- Select each of the four features and click Next.
- In the window that is then displayed, click Next to display the Review Licenses window.
- Read the terms of the license agreement. If you accept its terms, and want to continue installing the WebSphere Voice Toolkit V6.2, click I accept the terms of the license agreements.
- Click Finish. The Installing Software window is displayed while the WebSphere Voice Toolkit is being installed.
- Click OK to continue the installation if a Security Warning window similar to the following is displayed that warns of unsigned content. The WebSphere Voice Toolkit packages are unsigned.
- At the end of the installation process, a Software Updates window is displayed, asking you if you want to restart. Click Restart Now to restart Eclipse and allow the installation changes to take effect.
- When Eclipse restarts, click Window->Open Perspective->Other. In the Open Perspective window that is displayed, select Voice and click OK.
To uninstall the WebSphere Voice Toolkit V6.2:
- Click Help->About Eclipse SDK.
- In the About Eclipse SDK window that is displayed, click Installation Details. The Installation Details window is displayed.
- Select the four WebSphere Voice Toolkit plugins with names beginning com.ibm.voicetools.
- Click Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall Details window that is displayed, click Finish.
- At the end of the unstallation process, a Software Updates dialog is displayed. Click Restart Now to restart Eclipse and allow the uninstallation changes to take effect.
We are eager to hear your comments about this technology. We encourage you to post them on this forum.