The IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Migration Toolkit is a suite of tools and knowledge collections that enables your organization to quickly and cost-effectively migrate to WebSphere Application Server V7.0 through V8.5.5, whether from a previous version of WebSphere Application Server or competitive application servers including Apache Tomcat Server, JBoss Application Server, Oracle® Application Server, and Oracle WebLogic Server.
New and noteworthy:
- Thinking about migrating to the IBM WebSphere platform? To ease your planning, IBM has launched the WebSphere Migration Discovery Tool. You can use this web-based tool anonymously and at no-charge to help gain insight into the size and scope of your migration project. This tool works for migrations to WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile, and WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile on IBM Bluemix™. Learn more about the tool in this WhyWebSphere blog.
- Are you moving applications to a cloud environment? The Cloud Migration Tool and the Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries have support for the following cloud targets: Bluemix Instant Runtimes, third-party PaaS environments, Docker (IBM Containers), and WebSphere on Cloud (virtual machines). The tools provide a set of rules that help you analyze the impact of moving an application to the cloud based on the connections the application uses. Learn more about how these tools can help in this Migration article.
- Do you want to scan application binaries? Check out our newest tool, the Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries! With this command-line tool, you can quickly evaluate application binaries for rapid deployment on Liberty or newer versions of WebSphere traditional.
For the latest and greatest versions of our migration tools, go to WASdev Downloads.
What are the benefits of using the Migration Toolkit?
The Migration Toolkit uses proprietary IBM technology to automate previously time-consuming application and configuration migration tasks, greatly reducing the total time required to deploy WebSphere Application Server V7, V8, or V8.5. The Migration Toolkit has been shown to cut the time required for a typical migration in half. The toolkit also includes an extensive set of publications to support migration planning tasks.
What is included in the Migration Toolkit?
- Competitive Migration
Migrate applications from Apache Tomcat Server, JBoss Application Server, Oracle Application Server, and Oracle WebLogic Server to WebSphere Application Server V7 though V8.5.5. Migrate configuration from Apache Tomcat Server to WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Liberty Profile.
- WebSphere Application Migration
Migrate applications from WebSphere Application Server V5.1 through V8 to WebSphere Application Server V7 through V8.5.5.
- WebSphere Configuration Migration
Migrate configuration information from previous versions of WebSphere Application Server to WebSphere Application Server V7, V8, or V8.5.
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Migration
Use this IBM Redbook to plan your migration from competitive application servers to WebSphere Application Server V8.5.
- Knowledge Collection: Migration planning for
WebSphere Application Server
Use the publications on this site to plan your migration from previous versions of WebSphere Application Server to WebSphere Application Server V7, V8, or V8.5.