Bluemix is IBM's Platform as a Service (PaaS) for building new applications through composable services. Bluemix Garage is a center for innovation that brings startups and enterprises together along with IBM Design Thinking, agile processes, and IBM expertise. IBM Distinguished Engineer Rachel Reinitz explains both new offerings in three short videos. More >
Tabs showing featured content and WebSphere Technical Journal
- Building an Android app using the MobileData cloud service on Bluemix
This developerWorks article shows how to integrate the MobileData service from Bluemix into an android grocery list app.
- Send a Push notification from a mobile app in five minutes with IBM Bluemix
- Troubleshooting WebSphere MQ installation issues
IBM WebSphere MQ introduces new features and functions with every release, and therefore troubleshooting installation and operational issues can be a challenge. This article shows you how to address WebSphere MQ installation issues, provides OS-specific commands to obtain diagnostic information on them, and describes workarounds when appropriate.
- MQTT: The protocol that powers the Internet of Things
This blog post explains the difference between the HTTP and MQTT protocols, and explains why MQTT is preferred to power the Internet of Things.
- High availability with IBM MessageSight and MQTT client applications
IBM MessageSight is a full-featured messaging appliance for machine-to-machine and mobile environments, with full support for the MQTT messaging protocol. Learn how to use the open-source Paho MQTT Eclipse project with a highly available (HA) pair of IBM MessageSight appliances to provide a resilient messaging solution.
- Implementing a custom logging mechanism for web service calls in IBM BPM
This article shows an implementation of a custom logging mechanism for IBM BPM. The mechanism stores all the interactions of the BPM application with the external web-services in a database and provides a Human Service UI to access them.
- Making better business decisions with analytics and business rules
Learn how predictive analytics and business rules can be used together for better business outcomes. A banking example shows you how to use IBM decision management products to create smarter business processes.
- Configuring IBM BPM Advanced Edition V8.5 (three-part series)
Learn how to install and configure an IBM BPM V8.5 clustered environment. Parts 1 and 2 describe the single-cluster topology widely used in development and test environments, while Part 3 focuses on the recommended three-cluster topology for production environments.
- Using the BPMConfig utility to manage deployment environments in IBM BPM V8.5
This article describes how the BPMConfig command-line utility, introduced in IBM BPM V8.5, can simplify and streamline configuration tasks, and generate BPM profiles, database scripts, and tables to create, validate, and manage the entire deployment environment.
- Expanding the IBM BPM V8.5 topology by using multiple deployment environments
As your business requirements grow, you may want to expand your IBM BPM topology to run different processes independently. This article shows you how to do so.
- Setting up a business activity monitoring infrastructure using IBM Business Monitor with IBM BPM V8.5
A key tenet of business process re-engineering is monitoring key metrics, and quickly creating action items based on them. This article shows you how to set up IBM Business Monitor to work with IBM BPM V8.5 across multiple cells in both testing and production environments.
- Migrating Oracle WebLogic Integration applications to IBM BPM Advanced, Part 4
Part 4 shows you how to modify the imported WLI process using BPEL, and assemble, deploy, and test the migrated WLI business process.
WebSphere learning resources
Services and Support
Recognizing developerWorks Master Author Bobby Woolf
Bobby Woolf is an Infrastructure Architect for IBM PureSystems in the AIM Services and Support organization. He is a co-author of several retail books on topics such as at Enterprise Integration, SOA, and IBM On Demand Technology.
See all of Bobby's developerWorks content