- Take the
IBM course SW717: Introduction of the Value and Governance Model of Service-Oriented
- Take the
IBM course SW719: Technologies and Standards for SOA Project Implementation.
- Check out the IBM SOA entry points:
- IBM reuse SOA entry point
- IBM people SOA entry point
- IBM information SOA entry point
- IBM connectivity SOA entry point
- IBM process SOA entry point
from Sun Microsystems.
- Read "SOA
Connectivity Delivering the ESB without limits" [PDF], an IBM paper about ESB and its value.
- Learn when not to use SOA
Jason Bloomberg's article on ZapThink.
a WSDL tutorial.
- Read an excerpt from
O'Reilly's Web Services
information about ebXML.
- Learn more about transaction support in SOA platforms.
- Check out the different web services transactions specifications
(developerWorks, Nov 2004) and the different web services security specifications
(developerWorks, Apr 2002).
- Read about
process activities as web services.
- Read "Patterns: Using Business Service
Choreography In Conjunction With
An Enterprise Service Bus" [PDF] by Chris Nott, one of many helpful IBM Redbooks®.
- Learn more about IBM WebSphere® Process
Server for z/OS:
- IBM WebSphere Process Server for z/OS, Business Process Choreographer [PDF]
- WebSphere Process Server help on business process types
- WebSphere Process Server product overview
- Read "A case for SOA
governance" (developerWorks, Aug 2005).
- Visit the
academic initiative page about
- Read the book
Web Services and Service-Oriented Architectures: The Savvy Manager's Guide
by Douglas K. Barry.
- Check out the top
five tech buzzwords according to SearchSystemsChannel.com.
- Learn about XML compression and its role in SOA performance.
"Business processes and workflow in the web services
world" (developerWorks, Jan 2003).
OASIS' online community for
- Visit the
WS-I home page.
SOA and web services zone
on IBM developerWorks hosts hundreds of informative articles and
introductory, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on how to develop web
- Play in the
IBM SOA Sandbox!
Increase your SOA skills through practical, hands-on experience with the
IBM SOA entry points.
IBM SOA Web site
offers an overview of SOA and how IBM can help you get there.
- Stay current with
developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
- Browse for books on these and other
technical topics at the
- Check out a quick
web services on demand demo.
Get products and technologies
- Innovate your next
development project with
IBM trial software,
available for download or on DVD.
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- Get involved in the developerWorks
community by participating in