Before you start
This tutorial details the following steps:
- Develop a Java-based web service using Rational Application Developer V7.5
- Develop a COM server using C# using Visual Studio 2008
- Develop a COM client using C; that calls the COM server
- Enable to COM to be accessible remotely (DCOM)
To develop the code, you need to following software:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Application Server V7.5
You can also choose to use IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Application Server V7.5.
To run the examples in this tutorial, you need a Intel machine running Microsoft Windows XP or above, with at least 2GB of RAM and 300MB of of free disk space.