Summary and next steps
In this tutorial, you have learned:
- How to generate Java classes representing the CICS COMMAREAs and make them available to CA1S.
- How to prepare input data for a CICS COMMAREA program, invoke the program, and read its output data using PHP code.
- How to use PHP reflection to explore the fields available on a COMMAREA object.
- How to use WebSphere sMash-style event handlers and
zget()to quickly write PHP code that responds to REST requests.
- How to encode and decode JSON data from PHP.
- How to use the knowledge to expose a CICS program as a RESTful Web service.
Next, you could explore the features of CA1S that were not covered by this tutorial, such as:
- Accessing DB2 databases with the PDO extension
- Managing units of work and transactionality from PHP code using the Commit/Rollback API
- Debugging PHP scripts with PDT
For more information, see the CA1S documentation.