Search result description:Dec 9, 2011 ... Lots of command shells are available, from Bash and Korn to C shell and various
exotic and strange shells. Learn which shell is right for you.
Search result description:In this article, Angel Rivera explains how to use Bash shell scripts to perform
function testing of Linux applications that use line commands. The scripts rely on
Search result description:3 days ago ... If you haven't heard yet, a security bug with the Bash shell was announced this
week. For more information, see the Wikipedia Shellshock page ...
Search result description:Nov 25, 2012 ... Zsh is an improvement over the Bourne Shell and includes some of the features
of bash, ksh and tcsh. Why would you really use Zsh? 1) ...
Search result description:Even if you changed your default shell, bash is probably still running somewhere
on your system, because it's the standard Linux shell and is used for a variety ...
Search result description:2 days ago ... I've creating a video showing details about Linux/AIX Shell Variables, defining,
referencing, exporting, etc. Shell variables are a basic concept ...
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... Are you confused by the plethora of testing and comparison options in the Bash
shell? This tip helps you demystify the various types of file, ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:Sep 14, 2014 ... Hi,. I am using linuxpipe operator to create some html files using a shell script. the
issue is i am using a hot file and it wont create html files ...
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... One common problem I have personally made and seen others make while shell
scripting is trying to set a variable to be the contents of a file or ...
Search result description:Jan 14, 2013 ... The UNIX/Linux shell has the very handy AND operator ("&&") and the OR
operator ("||"). When you first encounter these, they can be difficult to ...
Search result description:Feb 10, 2014 ... The Shell History file has saved my bacon many, many times. So many times I
have used it to figure out what happened with a server after ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Search result description:Is there any word on fixes for the bash Shell Shock vulnerability for AIX? I know
it's part of the AIX Toolbox for Linux Apps, but when I check ...
Search result description:Jan 30, 2007 ... In this tutorial, Ian Shields continues preparing you to take the Linux Professional
Institute Junior Level Administration (LPIC-1) Exam 102.
Related blog entries
- Video: Linux/AIX Shell Variables (scripting), defining, referencing, e... brian_s 2014-09-28T01:35:25Z
- Quick and dirty perl script to replicate user IDs Emerson Posadas 2014-01-20T16:53:27Z
- Being careful not to shoot yourself in the foot when cleaning up users... brian_s 2013-12-08T23:59:40Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
- Power-user commands for SA MP René Blath 2013-07-11T13:48:00Z
Related forum threads
- How can i find out the time needed to move a big file from PoolA to Po... posted by siewchin 2014-09-29T21:41:15Z
- CPLEX license issues with PHP exec() function? posted by cplexiscool 2014-05-22T19:49:46Z
- Questions regarding How to send requests to the XML Management Interfa... posted by SystemAdmin 2010-05-19T18:06:20Z
- How to run SQL loader on WAS 7? posted by S.G. 2014-02-18T07:13:09Z
- Change synergy Query command for extracting attachment content posted by sreenivasj 2013-10-25T13:07:29Z