Search result description:Dec 9, 2011 ... Lots of command shells are available, from Bash and Korn to C shell and various
exotic and strange shells. Learn which shell is right for you.
Search result description:Nov 25, 2012 ... Zsh is an improvement over the Bourne Shell and includes some of the features
of bash, ksh and tcsh. Why would you really use Zsh? 1) ...
Search result description:In this article, Angel Rivera explains how to use Bash shell scripts to perform
function testing of Linux applications that use line commands. The scripts rely on
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... One common problem I have personally made and seen others make while shell
scripting is trying to set a variable to be the contents of a file or ...
Search result description:Fundamental programming in the Bourne again shell (bash). By learning how to
program in the bash scripting language, your day-to-day interaction with Linux ...
Search result description:Jan 15, 2013 ... The UNIX/Linux shell has the very handy AND operator ("&&") and the OR
operator ("||"). When you first encounter these, they can be difficult to ...
Search result description:Feb 10, 2014 ... The Shell History file has saved my bacon many, many times. So many ... I'm a
UNIX / Linux System Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO.
Search result description:Nov 24, 2013 ... Over the years I've noticed that a lot of the core utilities on AIX are actually shell
scripts. Here are some examples of these utilities on AIX that ...
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... Are you confused by the plethora of testing and comparison options in the Bash
shell? This tip helps you demystify the various types of file, ...
Search result description:Aug 31, 2009 ... The bash shell is one of several shells available for Linux. It is also called the
Bourne-again shell, after Stephen Bourne, the creator of an ...
Search result description:Nov 4, 2012 ... Every command you run in a Linux/UNIX environment has a "return code" when
the command completes. A zero (0) return code generally ...
Search result description:I'm a UNIX / Linux System Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO. This is my blog
... The Shell History file has saved my bacon many, many times. So many times ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:Oct 21, 2013 ... The actual idea for this article came from a real question, which was phrased
similarly to this: I have a bash shell script that runs the same ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Related blog entries
- Quick and dirty perl script to replicate user IDs Emerson Posadas 2014-01-20T16:53:27Z
- Being careful not to shoot yourself in the foot when cleaning up users... brian_s 2013-12-08T23:59:40Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
- Power-user commands for SA MP René Blath 2013-07-11T13:48:00Z
- How to list all zones to which a WWPN belongs? seb_ 2013-07-05T16:26:53Z
Related forum threads
- How to run SQL loader on WAS 7? posted by S.G. 2014-02-18T07:13:09Z
- Change synergy Query command for extracting attachment content posted by sreenivasj 2013-10-25T13:07:29Z
- Rhapsody for 64-bit Eclipse on Linux posted by M.Hayman 2013-07-16T07:50:59Z
- 32034 posted by pcon 2013-04-14T06:23:17Z
- How can i get the process id (PID) from the IBM ILOG Script? posted by SystemAdmin 2013-03-06T21:52:56Z