Search result description:Dec 9, 2011 ... Lots of command shells are available, from Bash and Korn to C shell and various
exotic and strange shells. Learn which shell is right for you.
Search result description:In this article, Angel Rivera explains how to use Bash shell scripts to perform
function testing of Linux applications that use line commands. The scripts rely on
Search result description:Fundamental programming in the Bourne again shell (bash). By learning how to
program in the bash scripting language, your day-to-day interaction with Linux ...
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... One common problem I have personally made and seen others make while shell
scripting is trying to set a variable to be the contents of a file or ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... Are you confused by the plethora of testing and comparison options in the Bash
shell? This tip helps you demystify the various types of file, ...
Search result description:Nov 25, 2012 ... Zsh is an improvement over the Bourne Shell and includes some of the features
of bash, ksh and tcsh. Why would you really use Zsh? 1) ...
Search result description:Jan 30, 2007 ... In this tutorial, Ian Shields continues preparing you to take the Linux Professional
Institute Junior Level Administration (LPIC-1) Exam 102.
Search result description:Sep 27, 2014 ... I've creating a video showing details about Linux/AIX Shell Variables, defining,
referencing, exporting, etc. Shell variables are a basic concept ...
Search result description:Jan 14, 2013 ... The UNIX/Linux shell has the very handy AND operator ("&&") and the OR
operator ("||"). When you first encounter these, they can be difficult to ...
Search result description:Aug 31, 2009 ... The bash shell is one of several shells available for Linux. It is also called the
Bourne-again shell, after Stephen Bourne, the creator of an ...
Search result description:Jun 22, 2010 ... In UNIX and Linux shells, a pipe is represented by the " | " symbol and connects
the standard output of one command to the standard input of ...
Search result description:Sep 14, 2014 ... I am using linuxpipe operator to create some html files using a shell script. the
issue is i am using a hot file and it wont create html files based on ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Search result description:Sep 26, 2014 ... Is there any word on fixes for the bash Shell Shock vulnerability for AIX? I know
it's part of the AIX Toolbox for Linux Apps, but when I check ...
Related blog entries
- Video: Linux/AIX Shell Variables (scripting), defining, referencing, e... brian_s 2014-12-27T03:43:12Z
- November 26, 2014 6:35 AM HermannSW 2014-11-26T11:57:15Z
- Quick and dirty perl script to replicate user IDs Emerson Posadas 2014-01-20T16:53:27Z
- Being careful not to shoot yourself in the foot when cleaning up users... brian_s 2013-12-08T23:59:40Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
Related forum threads
- How can i find out the time needed to move a big file from PoolA to Po... posted by siewchin 2014-09-29T21:41:15Z
- CPLEX license issues with PHP exec() function? posted by cplexiscool 2014-05-22T19:49:46Z
- Questions regarding How to send requests to the XML Management Interfa... posted by SystemAdmin 2010-05-19T18:06:20Z
- How to run SQL loader on WAS 7? posted by S.G. 2014-02-18T07:13:09Z
- Change synergy Query command for extracting attachment content posted by sreenivasj 2013-10-25T13:07:29Z