Search result description:Dec 9, 2011 ... Let's begin with a short history of modern shells, and then explore some of the
useful and exotic shells available for Linux today.
Search result description:Function testing is a critical part of software development -- and Bash, which is
already loaded in Linux and ready to go, can help you do it quickly and easily.
Search result description:Even if you changed your default shell, bash is probably still running somewhere
on your system, because it's the standard Linux shell and is used for a variety ...
Search result description:Nov 25, 2012 ... Zsh is an improvement over the Bourne Shell and includes some of the features
of bash, ksh and tcsh. Why would you really use Zsh? 1) ...
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... Are you confused by the plethora of testing and comparison options in the Bash
shell? This tip helps you demystify the various types of file, ...
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... One common problem I have personally made and seen others make while shell
scripting is trying to set a variable to be the contents of a file or ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:Sep 27, 2014 ... I've creating a video showing details about Linux/AIX Shell Variables, defining,
referencing, exporting, etc. Shell variables are a basic concept ...
Search result description:Jan 14, 2013 ... The UNIX/Linux shell has the very handy AND operator ("&&") and the OR
operator ("||"). When you first encounter these, they can be difficult to ...
Search result description:Sep 14, 2014 ... I am using linuxpipe operator to create some html files using a shell script. the
issue is i am using a hot file and it wont create html files based on ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Search result description:Sep 26, 2014 ... Is there any word on fixes for the bash Shell Shock vulnerability for AIX? I know
it's part of the AIX Toolbox for Linux Apps, but when I check ...
Search result description:Aug 31, 2009 ... The bash shell is one of several shells available for Linux. It is also called the
Bourne-again shell, after Stephen Bourne, the creator of an ...
Search result description:Nov 4, 2012 ... Every command you run in a Linux/UNIX environment has a "return code" when
the command completes. A zero (0) return code generally ...
Search result description:Oct 12, 2010 ... The Bourne Again Shell (bash) got its start in 1987, when it was written as a GNU
project that many Linux distributions quickly adopted.
Related blog entries
- November 26, 2014 6:35 AM HermannSW 2014-11-26T11:57:15Z
- Video: Linux/AIX Shell Variables (scripting), defining, referencing, e... brian_s 2014-09-28T01:35:25Z
- Quick and dirty perl script to replicate user IDs Emerson Posadas 2014-01-20T16:53:27Z
- Being careful not to shoot yourself in the foot when cleaning up users... brian_s 2013-12-08T23:59:40Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
Related forum threads
- How can i find out the time needed to move a big file from PoolA to Po... posted by siewchin 2014-09-29T21:41:15Z
- CPLEX license issues with PHP exec() function? posted by cplexiscool 2014-05-22T19:49:46Z
- Questions regarding How to send requests to the XML Management Interfa... posted by SystemAdmin 2010-05-19T18:06:20Z
- How to run SQL loader on WAS 7? posted by S.G. 2014-02-18T07:13:09Z
- Change synergy Query command for extracting attachment content posted by sreenivasj 2013-10-25T13:07:29Z